Altering Available Starting Unit Types

Dragoon09

So I'm working on my mod, I want to start with only unit type available. No problem doing this via RebEd. The problem comes in when the game starts and still uses the original values of what is available and of course places them randomly across controlled planets.

For example, if I wanted to only start with Stormtroopers, even though I have set the other 4 troops to requiring research and setting up Coruscant to have only Stormtroopers, I still get Fleet Regiments in random places at the start of the game.

It seems possible, in theory, that you could find the .DLL or whichever of the EDATA or GDATA files governs initial setup, then remove the fleet regiments from said file. I haven't spent enough time messing with those files, however, so I can't point you to the proper location. If you're on Discord, I've gotten the impression that TruthRealm could likely point you in the right direction.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

It seems possible, in theory, that you could find the .DLL or whichever of the EDATA or GDATA files governs initial setup, then remove the fleet regiments from said file.

What is a good program to access something like that? I have limited coding experience and the programs I've been using so far are RebEd and ResHack.

I am on the Discord, I'll see if TruthRealm has better info on where that data might be located.

Thanks!