RebEdit Available in Windows 7?

nal2us2

Ok I have heard all the comments about going around in circles on this one with the only answer for Windows 7 users like me who want to use REBEDIT is to get an older machine that is running an older OS like XP. Is anyone working on a working version of RebEdit that will run on Windows 7? That would sure solve a multitude of issues for users like me. There are not too many people left using those old OSs if but for the ability to run RebEdit. Thoughts? Comments? A New Hope for RebEdit running in Windows 7 anyone? Links to the same IF THEY EVEN EXIST?

Thanks

The creator of RebEd wasn't a native English speaker, didn't leave the source code behind, and hasn't been involved in years. Decades, probably. There is no new version of RebEd and there likely never will be, as it would have to be re-created from scratch.

That said, I use RebEd on Windows 7 and Windows 10. I wrote up a tutorial to make it work and posted it here, on Steam's forums, and on GOG's forums. You don't need a Steam/GOG version of the game to make it work on Win7, but trust me it is worth the money to save the headaches and time it takes to make Rebellion work. Once you have Rebellion itself working, the tutorial will help you get RebEd working.

Feel free to ask questions about the walkthrough, but please ask them on that post instead of this one so somebody else with the same question can find an answer easily. Good luck and enjoy. :D

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"