Question regarding Windows 8 and RebED/Rebellion

SithLordKisara

I purchased a copy of the game, tried to install it with the disc only it would not appear so had to do it manually (i.e. copying all the install files) to a folder and then re reunning it in order to install the game. However I am not able to load rebellioned as it will say the disc is not in even though it is in (computer will not read it unfortunately hence my transferring everything over to a program folders file). Is there a work around so that I can happily edit rebellion on my new computer?

Windows programs require "registry" entries created by the installer to operate properly. You can find the files you will need here.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy