Changing the read/unread messages font

Shotgunbunny

Hey guys!

I just watched The Empire Strikes Back and the original movie yesterday.

Suddenly I felt this craving for Rebellion coming up! :D

Anyways, I'm amazed to find a still active community for this game, I always thought me and my brother were the only ones that ever played it!

Thanks to you guys, I managed to get it running on Win7, I've played like 80 days and won my first space battle, and so far most things seem to work fine!

However, there's a few minor quirks I was hoping I could fix:

1) The font of the message log seems different to me, I used to remember it as being much easier to discern between read and unread messages, now I have to look VERY closely and barely see the difference!

Is there any way to change this? It would definitely improve playability over here!

2) This one isn't such a bother, but happens sometimes when I want to select a target for a mission,

it either doesn't do anything after I've clicked a target or it doesn't pick up the thing I tried to click very well.

Let's say I want to sabotage a specific building, I clearly clicked on the building but despite that, I get an actions list as if I had clicked the planet.

I get the feeling the area that's picked up as being clicked is off. So far I've worked around this by clicking more to the bottomleft of my targets.

Does any of that sound familiar? Any way to fix it?

For the first one, if there is a way to change the font, i haven't heard of it. I don't think they programed it to be changeable, they probably just picked one and stuck with it.

As for it being easier before, you were probably just adjusted to it before. The game hasn't changed, and as far as i know, there are no issues with the font in windows 7.

As for the second one, yeah the interface isn't the best. But it works once you get used to it.

In both cases, id say, just stick with it for a bit, you'll get back into the groove eventually, then neither of those issues will stand out.