RebEd Error when trying to access Rebellion files...

Undone

Good day to all,

I'm running Rebellion on Win7 Pro 64bit. The game appears to be stable and is running as well so far. I have installed RebEd, but unlike the game, I cannot get it to work properly. It is installed in my Rebellion directory, but it looks as if RebEd cannot open the appropriate .dat files. I get this error:

From 'NIL' Sender, at 40F1F8BD

Exception Class : EFOpenError

Message : Cannot open file C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\\gdata\Fightsd.dat

The editor then sometimes functions after I acknowledge the error, albeit without a file to edit. I have it installed in the appropriate directory (I think). Could it be a permission or security problem with Win7? I have installed and run RebEd in various compatibility modes, including Win98 and as an administrator. No matter what I do I cannot get the editor to open the appropriate files. This is perplexing as the game runs well for me without compatibility modes engaged and without setting to run as administrator. I tried searching the forum to see if this is a common error, or common installation or mis-installation issue, but to no avail.

Cheers,

Undone

• SWR Staff - Executive
Maybe try disabling UAC?

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I have tried turning off the UAC...No dice. I have also tried other data Editors for Rebellion, they don't work for me either. If anyone is using Vista or Win7 64bit and is using RebEd or another program then I would be grateful for any input. Seeing as I can't get any to work, what do I need to view the .dat files so that I can edit them manually?

Yes you can edit those files manually with a hex editor. The formats are in Rebellion Editing thread.

You may be missing a dll required for the RebEd to run??

There is another editor to try, it was made a few years ago. It is called SWR editor. I have a copy.

Erratone made it. SWRdataEditor http://uploaded.to/file/rpa9fh

A copy of it. My ISP connection has been fried for a week now...barely able to get here. See if that works on your computer.

• 10 months later...

I am having the same problem that Undone was having... I am using Vista (unfortunately) and am having no luck at all fixing the problem.

In the mean time, I will try the other editor suggested if I can find it.

Thanks for any help.