Online multiplayer solved (?)

addict-ant

Did this method of connecting work for you?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Did this method of connecting work for you?

• Yes
    • No

The best way I've found to get Multiplayer to work is by using Hamachi in combination with the 'HW Virtual Serial Port'.

(first reported by krystophv, available here: http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html )

Hamachi networks:

I've found a total of 14 networks, most labelled 'swrebellion' or 'swrebellion1/ 2/ 3...etc' (there's 1-12 that I know of), all with the password 'starwarsrebellion' (except 'swrebellion7'). There's also 'swsupremacy', which has no password.

(P.S. if there are any active players on network 'swrebellion7', is there any chance I can get the password?)

Using HW's VSP:

After installation and starting, click 'Login', password 'admin'. If login is greyed out, try uninstalling and re-installing VSP -this happened to me first time around when it told me to reboot after installation. Hint: Don't reboot, it's not required.

One person checks the 'TCP server mode' box in the Settings tab.

Then in the Virtual Serial Port tab creates a com (Com 3 or 4 are the only ones available once in Rebellion) with their own Hamachi IP address and any port (we used port 1000 and 'External NVT Commands Port' was checked: port 2003).

Click 'Create com' and it should report: LAN status -listen.

The other person creates a com with the same numbers, using the 1st person's Hamachi IP.

Click 'Create com' and it should report: LAN status -connected.

That's it, go in game and use 'Serial Connection for Direct Play' (using whichever Com no. you picked in VSP, leave all other settings as is).

So far, I know of half a dozen people who have tried this and it has worked.

(many thanks to JediIgor and krystophv)