Multiplayer Meet-Up (Mondays - 6pm EST)

budious

#swrebellion @ glacier.blazeirc.net

-tonight 6pm EST (3pm PST) for all interested parties (each monday)

You can find me (budious) or Kaos (S734L7H) there pretty regularly now. Either of us are willing to play if we are not occupied with other doings.

If this has a good showing, perhaps we will make it a weekly occurance.

Edited by budious

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Thanks to Evaders for posting this on the home page.

Also, come prepared. Please make sure you have 1.01 installed and copy your GData folder from cd over to your installation directory if you have been playing with rebed.

For the IRC illiterate:

1) D/L mirc 6.17 at http://www.mirc.com

2) First time you run it asks for some info, just put in your nick and a fake email. Close the options box.

3) At bottom of main window (large white area) there is a grey bar just above your windows taskbar where you enter chat text and irc commands, enter "/server irc.blazeirc.net" without quotations of course, and press the ENTER key.

4) After connecting to the server, enter "/join #swrebellion" in the same box, and press ENTER.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

Thanks to the following people for showing up tonight:

Brianlara

CDL_Vader

KAOS (S734L7H)

PYSCHOBOB

I know since we had some snags, not everyone got the game they were looking for... so we agreed to meet up again tomorrow.

Remember, each monday is multiplayer meet-up... show up and find someone to play with. I won't be there as it is mid-term week and need to study and finish papers.

This sounds cool, I've never played Rebellion multiplayer. How does the game even work?

"Someday, somebody will best me. But it's not today, and it's not you"-DD

http://members.w-link.net/~imperatrix/images/thrawn3.jpg

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

Well, start the game on easy AI to get the basic setup of a multiplayer game. Each player starts out with even numbers of ships, characters, and planets. Then you beat the crap out of each other. Any other questions?

Check out the thread about Hamachi, it seems to be an acceptable backup method of playing if IP connections are not working.

Thanks to the following people for showing up tonight:

Brianlara

VE_Herbzta

It's Monday! What does that mean? It's multiplayer meet-up day again!

Same channel, same server, same time! Be there, or else... find something better to do :lol:

Oh yeah... I will be unavailable from 8pm-10pm EST since there is a 2hr special event of 24 - elisha cuthbert returns this week! SW33T! And the body count doubles... again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Yeah... whatever... kill this thread! It's old...

I'm not a fan of GameSpy software... but it's hard having all the people who come to this forum wanting to play Rebellion 500 different ways... so lets list out the various methods that work currently and take a vote in a future poll... and have an official method?

1. GameSpy - Rebellion Lobbies

2. Reply to thread with other suggestions