Problem with multiplayer

Esdain

We can start a game up via Hamachi just fine, but at 60, and on the second, 20 days in, the options menu broke and neither of us could adjust the speed of the game, which stopped entirely.

Is this a normal problem, because I really hope not.

• 2 weeks later...

That happened every time we played. We're using Hamachi, and I've read other threads where people have games just fine on that particular VPN.

Me and my friend aren't all that far apart either, so it's not intercontinental or anything.

Hm. Time for more information.

Are you running any mods?

Are you both using the same version of Rebellion? And the same version of Hamachi?

Did you install the update (which has some multiplayer fixes)?

Are you playing with programs running in the background?

Are you in windowed mode?

What version of windows are you using?

Does that problem happen in single player for either one of you?

Can either one of you play successfully with someone else?

Do you have a third machine you can install Rebellion on and do testing?

Let me know the answers and I'll try and help you sort it out. Since I've never heard of this error, there will be lots of guessing, trial and error type stuff, til we get it figured out.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

In order -

No mods, perfectly vanilla Rebellion on both ends

Not sure, used the latest update from this site that I could find

I'll get to this one in a moment

I play in fullscreen

I am using a Windows XP virtual computer. Because of all the problems with Vista, I have been completely unable to install the damn game, so I have resorted to using a whole seperate virtual PC, onto which I installed Hamachi and SWR.

No single player problems to speak of.

Haven't tried playing anyone else

Not really, all machines in the house are the same damned version of **** Vista, and I for the life of me cannot get it to work on them.