Good tricks and Baad tricks

Seang

I propose to set there all our tactical solutions and tricks to discuss if it is Good-or-Baad to use it while playing by net. Balance isnt ideal, but we can fix it by arranging rules. So please put your voice for this:

1. Dont rush to capture defenseless hostile planet. You can send there 10-20 spyies and get info about 5-10 enemies planets at fartherst corner of Galaxy, very easy.

2. At early or middle stages of game (until there are no horrible huge fleets) it is very useful to defend planets with 3 steps:

a. 2 shileds or 1 turret

b. 3-6 squads of commando (for Sabotaging hostile fleet)

c. 1-2 spies (working on Espinage at this planet)

main planets also need General with army.

3. Playing by Alliance, send Solo with 1-2 battle heroes (exept Luke!) to Seswenna. Usually Empire is out of forces at the beginning and Coruscant is defended silly. Capture enemies heroes, destroy manufactoring. You can even capture the Emperor!

If you havent planet at this system, board Solo on some ship and send that ship on some seutral seswennas planets.

4. If you gonna to lose planet - Scrap ALL buildings there. Let enemy to have nice clear ball of mud!

Thus, Capture every undefended enemys planet and Scrap there everething. Thus, build enormous amount of sabotagers and destroy everething you can reach at enemys planets.

"HQ colonization"

Basically what I refer to is the ability to use a medium transport if spawned at Rebel HQ to place a troop on nearby uninhabited rim system. Move the HQ to the planet, when it arrives a population is created. Put the troop unit back on the transport and go to the next planet following a stepping stone pattern until you have colonized the entire rim sector that the HQ spawned in... then move on to another rim sector if you want.

"Ghost Fleeting"

Create an existing fleet on ships at a location. From within the ship browser view of the fleet, select multiple ships you want to create into a new fleet. Move the selected fleets to a new system location. Now browse the fleet view of the destination system, you will notice a stationary fleet icon in which all the ships are in transport to the location. You can now drag the fleet icon to another system location and shift the landing area of the fleet in hyperspace. This can be abused of course in many imaginative ways

"Fake Espionage"

Not sure if it is "cheap" thing to do but involves using espionage missions of any unit type capable and immediately aborting the mission. This reveals any current incoming ships to the system of which the aborted espionage mission took place.

Suncrushing

A fleet with strong bombardment level attacking the same planet enough times after destroying structures continuing to attack planet can destroy unit blocks making the planet unusable for rebuilding. The slang for this was "Suncrushing" and many of people had tantrums over this being done in games. Usually, it's best to have a predetermined set of do's and don'ts for playing this game in multiplayer.

rename your ships, so that they will have higher numbers, i.e. StarDestroyer 36, instead of 5. That'll make the other wonder, where the other 31 ISDs are at the moment ...

Honestly, if there ever is a Remake, I hope most of this crap becomes impossible to do. I'm thinking of 5-8 mostly. It's largely responsible for my not playing multiplayer any more.

And 4. should carry some malus, though I can't think of what it should be at this time. It's a little too fast and too easy.

One thing I used to do in multiplayer games...... and it actually worked, was rename my Imperial Star Destroyer to Victory Destroyer. Unless my opponent paid close attention to the amount of fighters it was carrying, and they usually did not, they were in for a shock.

One thing I used to do in multiplayer games...... and it actually worked, was rename my Imperial Star Destroyer to Victory Destroyer. Unless my opponent paid close attention to the amount of fighters it was carrying, and they usually did not, they were in for a shock.

Bravo!!!

lol)

• 7 months later...
I propose to set there all our tactical solutions and tricks to discuss if it is Good-or-Baad to use it while playing by net. Balance isnt ideal, but we can fix it by arranging rules. So please put your voice for this:

1. Dont rush to capture defenseless hostile planet. You can send there 10-20 spyies and get info about 5-10 enemies planets at fartherst corner of Galaxy, very easy.

2. At early or middle stages of game (until there are no horrible huge fleets) it is very useful to defend planets with 3 steps:

a. 2 shileds or 1 turret

b. 3-6 squads of commando (for Sabotaging hostile fleet)

c. 1-2 spies (working on Espinage at this planet)

main planets also need General with army.

3. Playing by Alliance, send Solo with 1-2 battle heroes (exept Luke!) to Seswenna. Usually Empire is out of forces at the beginning and Coruscant is defended silly. Capture enemies heroes, destroy manufactoring. You can even capture the Emperor!

If you havent planet at this system, board Solo on some ship and send that ship on some seutral seswennas planets.

4. If you gonna to lose planet - Scrap ALL buildings there. Let enemy to have nice clear ball of mud!

Thus, Capture every undefended enemys planet and Scrap there everething. Thus, build enormous amount of sabotagers and destroy everething you can reach at enemys planets.

"HQ colonization"

Basically what I refer to is the ability to use a medium transport if spawned at Rebel HQ to place a troop on nearby uninhabited rim system. Move the HQ to the planet, when it arrives a population is created. Put the troop unit back on the transport and go to the next planet following a stepping stone pattern until you have colonized the entire rim sector that the HQ spawned in... then move on to another rim sector if you want.

"Ghost Fleeting"

Create an existing fleet on ships at a location. From within the ship browser view of the fleet, select multiple ships you want to create into a new fleet. Move the selected fleets to a new system location. Now browse the fleet view of the destination system, you will notice a stationary fleet icon in which all the ships are in transport to the location. You can now drag the fleet icon to another system location and shift the landing area of the fleet in hyperspace. This can be abused of course in many imaginative ways

"Fake Espionage"

Not sure if it is "cheap" thing to do but involves using espionage missions of any unit type capable and immediately aborting the mission. This reveals any current incoming ships to the system of which the aborted espionage mission took place.

Suncrushing

A fleet with strong bombardment level attacking the same planet enough times after destroying structures continuing to attack planet can destroy unit blocks making the planet unusable for rebuilding. The slang for this was "Suncrushing" and many of people had tantrums over this being done in games. Usually, it's best to have a predetermined set of do's and don'ts for playing this game in multiplayer.

rename your ships, so that they will have higher numbers, i.e. StarDestroyer 36, instead of 5. That'll make the other wonder, where the other 31 ISDs are at the moment ...

In my opinion 4-8 are dirty tactics that should be addressed in some sort've patch or mod. You shouldn't be able to assault a planet with only a few trooper regiments then have it go into uprising but be able to scrap everything then leave your opponent with nothing left. The imperials could have a Galleon or two with sabetours (for destroying gen cores and battery defenses) and troops wreck an entire system you worked hard on diplomacy for simply because you don't have the troops to defend very many planets at all (maybe one planet a system at most), and fighter garrisons are meant to protect your important planets with production facilities. Was playing someone yesterday and number 4 practically makes the game unwinnable if you're the alliance, all the imperials have to do is use the scorched earth strategy and wreck your infrastructure of mines and refineries, and when that happens if you fall under the maintenence cap then you can't build anything until they're replaced or you hopefully bring other planets to your side with diplomacy but by then its probably too late for you to do anything being so far behind.

From now on in every multiplayer match I'll have to ask for a gentlemans agreement that certain dirty moves and low blows won't be used by either side, cus I'm an honest gamer and want to play a good solid game and not lose (or win) because its simply unbalanced.

If they want to use sabotage to blow everything up, I don't have a problem with that, but scrapping the stuff and then leaving works so plain fast its impossible to counter or stop it.

Edited by thelovebat

Any smart player will know that the first one would be bluffing at such an early point in the game or they would be cheating. Second one doesn't work if you actually pay attention to the ship portraits and ship appearance in the tactical map.