Blowing Planets Up

Bill

Question

Is this a good strategy or a bad strategy? Because when I do it most all the planets in the sector move against me.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

• Answers 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well to be honest Its a mixed answer. I would only blow up a planet if you are sure it is important like luke or mom mothma is there or there HQ or something like that. Hope that helps.....

:roll: No that's not a good idea. If You blow up a planet under Luke (and he is not injured), he will surely escape (he can't be killed). It's very difficult to capture a good skilled character like Luke or Solo via planetary blockade. It's bether to injure, then capture him.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I disagree. I actually did that twice and it worked. First with Luke then with Han and Mom Mothma. Maybe I am just a lucky guy. ^_^

In my experience, theres no such thing as luck

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Sorry, Antilliles, but I've also done that strategy and it has worked. You're not alone, but, even so, the game hates me. Even so, I think that blowing up a planet (both realistically and tactically) is probably the worst tactic possible. Psychologically, it'll freak the sh*t out of people, but it's not worth it when you consider the amount of resources, people, goods, etc you lose and the fact that a Death Star can be defeated easily. Use them for intimidation and fleet combat, but I would never suggest using them to destroy entire planets/systems...unless you're evil. :twisted:

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Well maybe I am EVIL! Muhahahahah!!!! I am the scariest thing you will see next to well ME, Muhahahahaha!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I think ol Zootypants is afraid of me and my EVIL! Muhahahahaha!!!Muhahahahaha!!!!

Blowing up planets is not about tactical or strategic advantage. It's all about fun.

I once played a game, and just for kicks, I decided to blow up a LOT of planets, like every reble planet I could find. My chars ended up with very high leadership and diplomacy skills...

I wonder what would occur if one were to simply destroy all the planets, except Coruscant (if as Empire, of course).

Let him hear my EVIL! Muhahahahaha! Muhahahahahaha!
I think ol Zootypants is afraid of me and my EVIL! Muhahahahaha!!!Muhahahahaha!!!!

:? "Don't get cocky."

Guest Scathane
Blowing up planets is not about tactical or strategic advantage. It's all about fun.

I once played a game, and just for kicks, I decided to blow up a LOT of planets, like every reble planet I could find. My chars ended up with very high leadership and diplomacy skills...

You're telling me that you've found a way to get your leadership skill up???!!! 8O

You're telling me that you've found a way to get your leadership skill up???!!! 8O
I thought that was interesting too, Scath.

The only way I have experiance Leadership increase is by the Incite Uprising mission, and only when it's been used on systems with garrisons on. It doesn't seem to increase on ungarrisoned systems! And in all the games i've played i've only ever seen 'My incite uprising mission was successfull. I have inflamed the something or other,' despite all the successfull converting Alliance systems to neutrality. Very odd.
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Guest Admiral_Antilles
I will have to try that, though everytime I use incite uprising missions they fell or produce no results.

Guest Scathane
The only way I have experiance Leadership increase is by the Incite Uprising mission, and only when it's been used on systems with garrisons on. It doesn't seem to increase on ungarrisoned systems! And in all the games i've played i've only ever seen 'My incite uprising mission was successfull. I have inflamed the something or other,' despite all the successfull converting Alliance systems to neutrality. Very odd.
That's a rather strange story indeed...

I will have to try that, though everytime I use incite uprising missions they fell or produce no results.
I have that same problem. I also have that problem with sabotage missions.

SOCL's Rebellion Imperial Commandos:

"Sir, we've found the GenCore," Commando Lacky reports.

"Excellent, and without--" Suddenly Commanding-Commando F*ckface notices a lone nerf-herder walk by. "Oh, shit! We've been spotted!"

The nerf-herder walks on, clearly without noticing the commandos.

"Abort mission! Abort mission!"

"But, sir, we haven't truly been 'spotted' yet! I mean, for godd's sake, the nearest garrison is on the opposite side of the planet! We'll be out of here before they can even respond!" Lacky says.

"Hey, whose in charge here? Me or you?" F*ckface says sternly.

"Well, ah--"

"Exactly, we abort!"

"But, sir, if you want me to, I can just shoot the herder and we can blow the GenCor--"

"I said we are aborting the mission, damnit," F*ckface says in his best immitation of Thrawn's cold voice.

Lacky sighes heavily. "For the love of--we ALWAYS abort! Why can't we, for once, complete the mission?!"

F*ckface's eyes narrow. "No arguing, Lacky, or you'll be a perminent part of the GenCore!"

"Oh, how scary! At least there I know I'll be safe!"

The two Commandos leave planet and report in: "Mission foiled by...."

SOCL: "DAMNIT!"

So, all-in-all, my commandos get there, are never detected but think they are, spend a long time arguing, and return to base to report that dreaded "mission foiled" report.

I have found a nice way to execute enemy prisoners. I catch some of them maybe 10 or so fly them to a rim sector, unload them there and

destroy the planet with the Deathstar :evil: all killed except main chars :evil:

What do u think about that?

"I am growing stronger with the Force"