Help!

Turan

Question

Im a old lover of Star Wars Rebellion but I havent played it in ages. I pulled the cd out of a hidden stash and loaded it up so I could play. But when I load the program gpfs saying there was a error in TXTCOMM.DLL

It gives me this error 3 times while loading the game then crashes when I choose what side I want to be. Im using win98SE. Does anyone have a clue whats going on? I have no idea where to repurchase this game or if this will even help so hopefully Ill get some replies.

I think most Americans think Mr. Blair is an excellent PM who feels UK is under just as much of a threat as the US. I would have to agree with him.

Personally, I love to watch the House of Commons on C-Span...it's great fun to see the debates!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Turan: Sorry about that! We seem to wander on these topics....

glandry: That website is great! We'll have to watch the Canadians very closely! :lol:

Okay, chums...for Turan, lets return to topic...um...okay, now...what was it we were talking about???

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

When I open Star Wars Rebellion I get a general protection fault in module txtcomm.dll. The error repeats 2 more times during the load and crashes the game on the 3rd error while attempting to choose empire or rebellion. It is a fresh install of the game on a new computer. The file appears to be stored on the cd. Im baffled havent found any kind of help for this. I cant find a no cd fix for the game ethier that works.

Are you doing a full install of Rebellion? If you are, then a no cd crack wouldn't do anything since the DLL is on the hard-drive. If you do require a crack, tell me the version and i'll send you the appropriate one.
I wanna know why the man has a gun and the gun not the man keeps the world at bay. I wanna hear what the man has to say, what the man has to say might just save me.

I am doing a full install and I dont know what my version is but its the orginal cuz the disk is old so prolly 1.0. I searched for the file txtcomm.dll on my comp but didnt find it so are you sure its stored locally?

I had the same problem at one point and found it was Rebed. If I made to many changes using Rebed the game gave me an error message when I was starting a new game. I found that if I made small alterations using Rebed and then started a game. Then make the changes using the program. That is of course if your using Rebed, otherwise...... I don't know.

Wow, I've never seen this before and I use RebeEd to change literally everything in the game. :roll:

What version of RebEd do you use ? Does the problem occur, right after you installed Rebellion without changing anything ?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Im using the orginal version of the game. Ive never used rebed before. I launch the shortcut and the error comes up. I click close and it goes away and game loads to lucasintro. Error comes back again and closes. I make it to the scenario menu where I choose options and sides. Error occurs again and crashes rebellion to the desktop.

wow then I really can't help you. Sorry I was sure it was the same problem as I had.

The version of Reded i use is 0.28 if there's a new version out there let me know. I don't have the problem anymore anyways. Not since I formatted my hard drive.

I did have a problem once with RebEd if I messed around with the Sumitra sector too much.

In terms of the other problem. Try removing the install and start over. I'm running win98se without any problems. Your Rebellion version is probably OK, as far as I know there was only 1 patch and it was for a very specific problem (never loaded the patch) with an international version (I think).

Good luck.

Search for TEXTCOMM.DLL this time and if you still can't find it, re-install Rebellion with the full install(151mb). If you still have problems with that same DLL then my guess it's the CD. It might be the process in which the CD copies the DLL to your hard-drive. Any defections with your CD, such as scratches?
I wanna know why the man has a gun and the gun not the man keeps the world at bay. I wanna hear what the man has to say, what the man has to say might just save me.

Could be that. What kind of connection do you have Turan?

Hey, whered you get RebEd ver .28? I can only find .26 as the latest version. Can you tell me where you got it?

Alert All Commands, and prepare forward tractor beams, Lieutenant. AHH! What happened to our uniforms! They're BACKWARDS!

(watch the end of ESB, the rank badges switch sides for a scene, oops!)

I got the really big clue I needed, finally as a result of the problems Turan has been having:

I need to go buy a cd-rom game called Star Wars Rebellion.

Turan, I'm so sorry for the problems you're having but I have run into similar problems and my solution was to dump it all out and reload it.

Alrighty then, but if you didn't have the problems you were, I might have gone on looking for the imaginary mysterious free download (God knows I love them things). I kept bouncing thru all the Combine sites thinking it's out there some where, just have to keep looking....

Well I'll be bargin hunting catch ya'll later.

GonJon (really gone this time)

When searching for textcomm.dll make sure you have the SHOW ALL HIDDEN FILES option ticked in your folder options.

Searches won't show .dll files unless this option is enabled.

To do this got to Explorer

Click Tools from the dropdown menu

Click folder options

Check show all hidden files

click ok then search again

Hope this helps ;)

2xtreme Gaming Clan

http://www.clan-2xtreme.co.uk

Counterstrike Source : 195.20.109.124:27015

Day of Defeat : 195.20.109.124:27025

Team Fortress Classic : 195.20.109.124:27030

Counterstrike 1.6 : 195.20.109.124:27040