Multiplayer

splimsplam

Question

I've played this game since I was about 7, and I only discovered it again the other week after about 3 months.

This is one of the most addicting games I've ever played, so naturally, I wanted to spread the love.

I bought another copy I'm going to give to my girlfriend, and I want to play against her online. Here, however, is the problem.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL TO DO WITH THE INTERNET CONNECTION.

Seriously, I don't understand any of it. I've never successfully managed my own internet connection(it's the one part of my computer I don't care to learn about. Yeah, I got Geek Squad to hook up my internet and Xbox LIVE, I'm really a sad person), and I couldn't find a good tutorial wherever I looked.

If there is anything you could link me to, or tell me to do, I'd be very appreciative.

5 answers to this question

Play Rebellion with your girlfriend? Man, I hope your girl is the old-school gaming type and, remember ,to let her win.

Since your internet is working, the best place take alook at this forum post, viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2443&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

, in particular the last two forum posts by Addict-Ant which (I think) best explains how to play Rebellion online. You will need to download two programs, Hamachi and HW Virtual Serial Port. With Hamachi make sure to use both the built in tutorial and JediIgor's instructions at the start of the thread. With HW, JediIgor's discussion of TCP/Com is somewhat relevant but supliment this with Addict-Ants instructions.

If you work carefully through the steps its become, relatively, easy to get things running. Believe me on this because I am NOT computer savy and, after several hours work with Addict, we were able to play online. Hopefully it won't take you this long but, if you are serious about playing, make sure to set-up as much as possible before playing with your girlfriend.

"It is such a quiet to thing to fall. But it is far more terrible to admit it."

Can I have her?

No girl for you! Now get back to work! :x

The Emperor is not as forgiving as me. Your project will be done on schedule!

You don't want to make me angry, or I might have to send a Dark Side Force Storm to cancel your date with Ceres

(you two-timing, dishonorable, nerf herder!)

:P

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

.... I refuse to become a part of this conversation beyond making this comment, mentioning that I don't want to become involved. It's far too strange, even for me.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away