Characters specials abilities

flash

Question

Hi,

I saw on this forum that some characters have specials abilites, and I would be pleased if someone could tell me all the specials abilities.

These are those I saw on this forum.

-Solo as a special hyperdrive

-Dodonna and Veers have a bonus as general

-Vador and Luke have one as commander

-Ackbar and Trawn have one as amiral

-Palpatine gives a bonus to the officer's leadership if he stays at Coruscant

Is there some other specials abilities?

Other question (you'll probably laugh): how to select a apecific capital ship as target in fleets combat? I can only choose between attacking the fighters or the capitals ships, but in this case my ships always attack the strongest (instead of attacking the interdictor)

8 answers to this question

As for additional skills, only Vader and Luke can train others in the Force (though Luke gains this ability later in the game).

There is also the "encounter skills", where whenever Luke or Leia encounter Vader or the Emperor, there will be an "encounter". This encounter occurs when one character of each side is on the same planet, so it usually occurs during missions, when one of the characters is on the planet you sent your character to do a mission on. Mind you, it only works for Leia if Luke reveals to her that she is his sister, and she gains some ability in the Force. Anywho, if either of the Skywalkers encounter Vader or the Emperor, they will gain a substantial increase in the Force, which translates to increased combat and espionage stats. There is a chance that one of the four characters will be captured or injured. I think it is based off of the Force ranking and combat skills of the two characters involved.

To target a particular captial ship, just left click on your what you want to attack it (whether its a task force, TIE squad, or single capital ship). Then right click on the ship you want to attack.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

How do you get luke to reveal to leia that their siblings? I've had luke a jedi master having encountered vader and palpatine. I've had them together on the same planet for ages, the same fleet for ages, sent them on missions together. but I've never had luke say to leia. "hey you know what your my sister! aint that cool?"

I believe ("believe" being the key word) that Leia and Vader have to duke it out for her to find out. I remember seeing that Leia had discovered her heritage in my first game ever, when I played as the Rebs and took it very slowly, with an uber powerful fleet that had every single character I owned on it going one system at a time. (Took forever to beat that game.)

But yeah- Leia vs. Darth = Jedi Leia.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

No. What happens is this.

Luke must return from Dagobah. Then when he encounters Vader, Vader will say the whole "Luke I am your father" bit. After that, once Luke and Leia are on the same planet, Luke will tell her about the Skywalker heritage. Then you will get a message from Leia saying something like "Luke has revealed to me that I can use the Force as well", and then you're golden.

My Website

Yes. Here is a nice read from gamefaq about the whole game. :wink:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/198776/19754

---------

iii) Leia Organa

Her Heritage: Once Luke has an encounter with Vader and learns about his

heritage, he can then tell Leia about their heritage. The way Luke tells her is

exactly like how he discovers potential jedi candidates. It's supposed to

happen when they're on a mission together, but just being near each other seems

to work just as well and just as often. Leia can then immediately use the Force

and she gets a stats boost.

----------

It also seems that as Darth_Rob says, Luke must be either a certain rank of Jedi, or after the misson to Dagobah (which automatically causes Luke to gain growth in his Jedi level).

I played one game, where the AI had Palpy on a diplomacy mission on a planet near one of my main bases. I sent Luke their initially (not knowing Palpy was already there), and he had one of those fights with the Emperor, making him grow stronger with the Force. Mind you, this was very early on, like day 100 or so, so Luke had not been to Dagobah yet.

So I kept sending Luke there over and over (I moved a capital ship over the system and used that as Lukes staging point), and he kept fighting Palpy over and over again. Eventually, Luke actually attained the rank of "Jedi Knight" through these actions, even though he never went to Dagobah.

He did eventually go, and came back with the ability to train and detect other Jedi. But he was so freakin powerful so early in the game thanks to a buttload of encounters with Palpy.

My Website