Questions for possible conversion mod

Falcone

Question

Hey guys, I'm looking to do a total conversion mod, and Rebellion is the perfect engine for what I want. I know it has some limitations, so the following questions are to find out just how much I can change.

1. I know the answer but I am asking just to erase any doubt. I can replace the models with models I created right (the ships in tactical battles)?

3. Do I have to replace every ship in the game or can I just flat out delete ships. I don't have enough models to replace every ship type in the game. And same thing with characters and troop types, do they all need to be replaced? If not I am going to have to make up a whole lot more characters.

4. Can I replace the death star with a custom space station in the tactical battles. Is it an actual model or just a picture? Same thing with fighters.

7. Can I change the picture of the planets in the strategic screen. I want to replace some of the round planets with space station shaped images. I dont care about the planets in the tactical screen as much, but on the strategic screen i really need to replace them.

8. Can I change the amount of resources a planet can support?

9. How do all the different events work. bounty hunters attack solo, luke goes to dagobah, force user is found, etc. if i replace han with my own character, do I have to make new cards for when he is attacked by the bounty hunters? can i just delete the events altogether?

10. Can I make it so the rebel HQ cannot move? I need it to be stationary. Also can I replace the icon for it on the strategic map?

11. Is there anyway I can delete the various movies like the death star blowing up and rebel hq blowing up? my conversion has a replacement for both those items, so it will be out of place to see those videos during the game.

I'm sure a lot of these question have been answered and discussed, but I have so many it was easier just to ask them all again.

Edit: Deleted some of my questions.

JJ

6 answers to this question

• SWR Staff - Executive

1. Yes

3. No, you can replace them individually. You cannot delete units though

4. I believe they are both bitmaps and not models

7. Yes you can change them

8. No I believe it is randomized at the start of the game

9. No they are all hard-coded and cannot be changed.

10. No you cannot make it stationary. You can change the image itself.

11. You cannot delete them, but maybe replace the loaded video with your own empty one

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Since I don't have enough models to replace all those ships I will just have to make my ships have different levels, Mk1, 2, 3, etc. to fill in all those extra slots.

4. I believe they are both bitmaps and not models

So I can just create a picture, save it as a bitmap and then replace the images in the game then?

Not too big of deal. It wont prevent me from doing this mod.

darn, so I will have to work out all the events with my new characters then.

10. No you cannot make it stationary. You can change the image itself.

since I want this for primarily multiplayer the guy with the HQ will just have to agree not to move it.

11. You cannot delete them, but maybe replace the loaded video with your own empty one

So i can use windows movie maker and just make a 4 second black screen and replace them, or does it need to be the same length?

JJ

• SWR Staff - Executive

Yes you will need to replace the images

I don't think it needs to be the same video size, but they need to be Bink/Smacker format

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

8. Technically you could change these. You would have to edit a saved game to do it though; I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort if it's not that important to your game.

9. I though an "event" was hardcoded, but that the "pictures" and/or title of the event could be changed. :?

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

What if, through RebEd or whatever, you uncheck the boxes so they cannot be buit by either the Alliance or the Empire? It wouldn't delete the ships, but for all practical purposes they wouldn't be in the game (unless they're in the starting lineup).

What if, through RebEd or whatever, you uncheck the boxes so they cannot be buit by either the Alliance or the Empire? It wouldn't delete the ships, but for all practical purposes they wouldn't be in the game (unless they're in the starting lineup).

Thats what I ended up doing. Also put the unit pictures as a blank picture and erased the name and description. That way the unit is not even in the encyclopedia. Well it is, but it can't be identified.

JJ