Rebellion- XP

DarkLord_Sion

Question

Now i know this question has been asked for Vista, but i'm running Windows XP and attempting to play Star Wars: Rebellion on my computer. I'm not even able to start the game though, every time i try to start it i get an error message with 'Rebexe.exe'. Is there any way i can fix this so that i can play the game? -Before you ask, yes i have the newest version of Direct X, and yes i've tried both reinstalling and rebooting the game and my computer several times.

9 answers to this question

I ran it in compatibility mode, trying both 95 and 98 on both C: and D: Drives, but it's still not starting up.

The error message i'm receiving is traced back to this: C:\DOCUME~1\Nick\LOCALS~1\Temp\64e_appcompat.txt

In reading the data report it indicates that it isn't recognizing some of the symbols found within Rebexe.exe, the problem is i don't know how to fix this.

This is part of the log i'm referring to:

*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\REBEXE.EXE

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\REBEXE.EXE

function: REBEXE

• SWR Staff - Executive

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Did you do a full install? I really can't think of anything at the moment ... :?
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Yes i did the full install, it still won't open for whatever reason.

I think the problem could be that some of the script codes can't be read by my computer, this is after reading the full data report, but i don't know how to fix this.

Sorry for the lateness, i got banned for an accidental reason so that took a while to resolve.

I'm having a similar problem. The error is in one of the modules of reb.exe. Just to let you know, I recently installed xp back on the computer, because I was tired of playing rebellion without a tactical mode (linux wine, and it's not curable without money, I hear cedega can run directx with no problems). When I found out Rebellion didn't run on xp, I was pissed. I'm hoping there is a solution, because I deleted a bunch of torrent files to entertain a tactical mode, and WoW doesn't work well on wine either. This is a dual boot system, even though I'm probably going to change my linux distro. Can't find one that works well with windows wireless adaptors. Too many problems!!! But "first things first" gotta get Rebellion to work :)