What a mar00n! How to deal with traitors?

JediTraining

Question

What a maroon, what an ignoramus! After spending precious Darth Vader time on Needa, training him in the ways of the force, that same Vader later discovered Needa was actually a traitor. In ten years of SW:R gaming it's the first time I ever encountered this phenomen. The weird part is that nothing happened, Needa remained like any other at my disposal. The manual doesn't say much about it but what's the best thing to do when it happends? I always assumed charachters would turn over and become available for the other side.

I sent Needa on suicide missions alone and he managed to get captured, so that's that. But how do you deal with it? Retire the charachter?

4 answers to this question

If a traitor is detected, its possible that he will inform the opposing side of your systems stats, such as what facilities or personnel are there. I dont know if its such a big deal in a single player game, though I suppose it could lead the AI to abducting a character or something of that nature. I imagine it being more a problem in a 2-player game.

I'll need confirmation, but I think there is a possibility that a traitor will also be far more likely to fail a mission, as if he is doing it on purpose. Though I could be wrong about that.

As far as dealing with it, you can dismiss the character by right-clicking on him and selecting the option for it. This will remove the character entirely from the game, so you dont have to worry about him leaking information. So the choice is yours if you want him around or not.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

If a traitor is detected (supposedly only by Vader or Luke, depending on which side you're on), then you still have a few options. As Rob mentioned, if you send them on missions, in all likely hood the majority of them fail (especially if the character is the only participant), sometimes with other characters they still might actually succeed (but rarily, depending on who the others are and how many). If the character is capable of a command rank (like Needa), then when holding a command position (Admiral, General or Commander) they will fulfill their "duty" and not pass info to the enemy (although they are still traitors). They usually become traitors because the game in not going in your favor. Should that change, they can become "loyal" yet again (this would have to be verified by Vader or Luke). Once I have a traitor, I NEVER trust them again, sometimes just sticking them on some "rock" in the outer rim to rot away (with some vacation time on the other side of the galaxy at an enemy system). For others, i.e. Menndo (somebody who can't hold a rank), I usually send them to the furthest corner of the galaxy, then send them on missions to an enemy system on the exact opposite side of the galaxy. That way, they spend the most time in hyperspace with no communication enroute (no info leaks), and when they fail their mission (which traitors do well), they have to travel all the way back, in hyperspace again (no info leaks). So, one mission may take them pretty close to 200 days; plenty of time to get things working in your favor. If they get captured, no big lose really. Otherwise repeat or retire them; but once retired, they're gone from that game f-o-r-e-v-e-r! I'd rather have Vader Force-choke them to death or have them assassinated myself, but unfortunately the game won't let you do that :evil:
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I cant believe I forgot about the the "command" situation. :oops:

Speaking of assassinations, I still think it would have been cool to be able to execute prisoners if you were playing as the Empire. It would be a long mission, and when you selected it the Rebels would be notified, so they have time to attempt a rescue.

For example, if you had, say, Dodonna captured on Coruscant, and you wanted to execute him, it would be like maybe a long mission (longer duration than Jedi Training). This would simulate the Empire putting on a public show to make an example of the Rebel. Maybe they would hold a mock trial, or just let him rot in a cell for awhile before executing him. Thus, the Rebels would obviously catch wind of the plan, and could attempt a rescue mission.

Of course, it could also be useful as a trap, by using Dodonna as bait for more Rebel scum... :twisted:

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Of course, it could also be useful as a trap, by using Dodonna as bait for more Rebel scum... :twisted:

"It's a trap!" - Admiral Ackbar

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u186/n00b_killer_324/1140059680649Ackbar.jpg

Have you ever justed wanted to eat Ackbar? I mean come on a little tartar sauce a deep fryer and we're good to go.