A question on Jedi Training

JediTraining

Question

Okay so I'm posting in questions for newbies which is a huge embarassment for me since I've been playing this game ever since it hit the shelves. And for those of you who witnessed the golden moment when we could actually go to the store, clutch the huge cardboard box (not the DVD plastic cases like today) and hurry off to the counter to pay and then rush home, you know it has been a long time.

My big question is: HOW do you let the Imperial side do force train missions? Was there some kind of glitch for the European version when this game was released? For some reason it NEVER lets me do force train missions. For example: on day 1 Darth Vader informs me that Needa has the ability to use the force. But HOW do you assign the force train missions?? I clicked on Vader and wanted to send him on mission to Coruscant (where Needa is) but it won't work. I tried everything but the "jedi training" mission just never shows up just like it is pictured in the manual.

So can somebody please tell me what I have to do?

Thank you.

EDIT: Further information on this case: still using the same CD I bought nearmy 10 years ago. Never played it online. Even bought the game twice :mrgreen:

6 answers to this question

Move both Vader and Needa to Coruscant. Select them both (like they are going to do a mission together; which they are) and select to do a mission on Coruscant. Select the "Jedi Training" mission (as opposed to espionage, etc) and BINGO! Needa is being trained! Have fun :wink:
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

It's possible to select more than one charachter?? but how?? 8O

I believe you can train more than one person, just select all those who are capable along with Darth, and away you go :D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

It's possible to select more than one charachter?? but how?? 8O

I believe you can train more than one person, just select all those who are capable along with Darth, and away you go :D

Okay, but how? You can't select like in windows in SWR. You mean like holding down ctrl when selecting?

I suppose this is how you use decoys as well? Never managed to figure that out either.

OK, I'm not sure how far backward to go with this so ...

Move Vader and anyone else who is Force sensitive to the same system. Left click on Vader, then while holding down the control key left click on those characters you want to train (this will allow you to have multiple people selected). Right click on Vader, select mission, pick the system icon (the one you're currently on), then from the missions select Jedi Training.

Holding down the and keys allow you to select multiple items. And yes this is how you can use decoys. After selecting all appropriate parties and the mission (but before you click on the check mark to accept the mission), click on the "tab" next to the current mission tab (this is for decoys). You'll see the list of the units/characters on the left and a "blank" list on the right. The right side is for the "decoys"; select those you want to be a decoys and click on the ==> arrow to move them to the decoy list. To unselect decoys, select those you want again, but click on the <== arrow to make them active in the mission. Now click the check mark to accept the mission. You're done!