Research Mission question

elfposer

Question

First of all hello everyone, nice i found this forum. And that other people enjoy this game classic with its shitty soloplayer is just great. Never thought other people remembering that game.

One question i ever had is, its applys also for diplomatic mission what mainly for research. What is better when i gut 2 or more researchers, should they do the research mission together or speratly?

The only thing i know is the more facilities of that type the better but not if i makes if difference if they do the misson together or better alone.

4 answers to this question

That is a good question and welcome to the forums! :mrgreen:

If you place two people (research or diplomacy) onto a mission and not as decoy, there is a probabilty table for success, oddly enough. Maybe that is why they mostly 'fail' to increase research or diplomacy.

It needs to be checked out to see if they succeed more often. Each success adds points towards the goal.

Having more researchers or diplomats working together means that they will take longer on the mission, but that they will have a better chance of success each time they report to you. The time and success rate increase with each new researcher/diplomat. Note that this won't make a bunch of crappy diplomats successful.Ackbar will pretty much always suck as a diplomat.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Having more researchers or diplomats working together means that they will take longer on the mission, but that they will have a better chance of success each time they report to you. The time and success rate increase with each new researcher/diplomat. Note that this won't make a bunch of crappy diplomats successful.Ackbar will pretty much always suck as a diplomat.

Why does the mission take longer with people working together? I think the mission is accomplished faster due to the "better chance" as you put it. The "catch" is the character with the highest mission stat (i.e. diplomacy for diplomatic mission) get the stat increase and the other characters remain stagnant (no stat increase). Should multiple characters do multiple missions, the overall "chance" is somewhat lower, but everytime someone gets a positive response, that character gets a stat increase (making them better in the long run IMO).

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Time of the mission is variable, a single character may have success sooner than a team with three characters assigned to the same mission.

Point is; diplomacying a planet with a team with 5 diplomats always get a success (lets say in 10 days), and gains slightly higher loyalty than a single players success but try sending 5 diplomats alone to the same planet, assume they are reporting in 10 days also, some of them will fail to succeed but rest of them will increase loyalty much better than a 5 diplomats team. And also later in the game ussually diplomats have 100 - 150 diplomacy rating which means they will ussually succeed in missions on their own, even if they dont have amazing diplomacy raitings there is a good chance for 5 diplomats succeeds at the same time. This is why seperate missions is more advantageous than teaming everyone on a single mission.

Also character with the highest rating wont always get the stat increase, try sending a jedi with a low (40 - 50) diplomacy rating to a diplomacy mission teamed up with a good diplomat. He will get some of the missions stat increase also.