Unread messages from droid

Yabby

Question

Hi

The way I remember it from back in the old Windows 98 days, when you looked at your list of messages from your droid, any that you hadn't yet read showed up in bold text (the ones you had read already were in normal font)

I recently re-installed this on my new Windows XP machine (E6750 with GF8600GT) and now all messages appear in normal text, making it a lot harder to work out which messages I've read already.

Does anyone else have thhis problem and is there a fix for it?

(I'm running v1.0 of SWR since most posts on this site indicate that it's more stable)

4 answers to this question

On my XP machine, they're not really bolded, but they do seem "different" somehow. I'll post back in a bit with a description.

EDIT: Ok, had to refresh my memory.

The unread messages appear to be slightly smaller than the read messages do. It's not the easiest difference to see (certainly not as easy as bolding) but there it is. This is also on 1.0. I don't know why this is, either.

Everything from "Manufacturing New Items" down is a read message.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/RogueIce/Messages.jpg

And for whatever lame reason, Using "Print Screen" and then pasting into an image editor makes the colors wonky when I use full screen (I bet if it was windowed it'd be better). But that's unrelated to this. You should still be able to see the difference though.

Boy, that is tough to see, but if you look close enough you can tell the difference. I know X-wing: Alliance had some font issues when run in higher resolutions and users were able to create a work around FONTS.DAT file that fixed the text.

I was hoping the same might have happened for SWR, but I guess not (so far)

In fairness, it is easier to see on the blue background, rather than the stupid black one I wound up with. But yeah, a workaround would be nice.

Oh, and I have my own way to not worry about it: whenever I read one and go back to the message display, I just delete the read message. Unless it's a "I Discovered a new Jedi" message, I generally don't think they're that important to keep around. But your mileage may vary, and hey, if there are messages worth hanging on to I'd like to know so I can improve myself. :)