Advancing Luke

Rhuobhe

Question

Hello,

I am glad I found this site! I have been playing Rebellion with a friend off and on since 98.

I usually play Rebel but I can never get Luke to Jedi Knight or higher. Is there good strategy or process anyone would like to share on leveling Luke? Please keep in mind that this is for multi player and we are both very good at this game.

I rarely ever get him to Jedi Knight, it hasn't happened for me in several years. And if he is a JK or JM then he is probably in a vegetated state as it probably meant he fought Vader while injured, over and over again.

Luke either stays a Jedi Student for the entire game or ends up getting captured in an important battle/blockade. I tend to hesitate sending him on missions sometimes because he is aways at risk of getting captured if Vader or Palpatine are present.

What are some strategies to keep him alive and to level him up efficiently?

9 answers to this question

First, welcome to the forum! You may say "hello" to the community in this thread? :D

I once managed to make Luke a master in a very short period. Palpatine was alone on a diplomacy mission on a week imperial planet, while a fleet of mine besieged it. Luke was aboard on one ship of that fleet. I guess it was after he returned from Dagobah. So I took Luke to capture Palpi. When they´ve met, they had a duell of course. Luke got hurt, but managed to escape back to the fleet. He got levelled up and recovered very soon, so I had the chance for another try. This time both got hurt, Luke escaped, got levelled up and recovered very quick again, while Palpi still was hurt. So I took him again and again on this mission until he managed to capture the emperor.

Luke´s stats very incredible high at the end and he had the rank of a Jedi Master. He had a combat skill of about 140 or more. Even Vader wouldn´t have been a match if both would have met in that game.

Who cares at all?! :roll:

My strategy against the AI is generally to send down Luke on missions of sabotage on Coruscant while I have the planet blockaded with a fleet they can't possibly beat. Generally speaking Luke will fail or be captured, but then I just take the planet and I have him, with a Palpy/Vader fight helping to boot! That's all I have for you. Try RebED if you want to make him more powerful, eh?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

You simply need to increase Luke's Jedi level. Set really difficult tasks for him, like sending him against a Stormtrooper Regiment with no decoys, sabbing ISD's and other tough assignments. Often he'll fail but get some Jedi points anyway. And there's always the battles against Palpy and Vader, but those are dangerous. I hate waiting for Luke to heal up.

Oh, yeah, pretty fool-proof plan. Capture Palpy. Stick Palpy in a fleet with Luke that's chock full of Sullustans and other detection units. Go to a planet that's got full Imp loyalty in a sector where you have no influence and the planets are all or mostly uninhabited. Take the planet. Drop Palpatine down on it. Take up your regiments. Send in Luke to catch Palpatine. Repeat. If he's injured you'll obviously do better.

It might not work so well in multiplayer, though, I don't know.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Luke is easy to advance - those I only have played the computer. As stated send him away on almost impossible odds. personally I do suggest not at very first to send him on vader or emperor or he will be captured. The idea is to fail, and with each failure he tends to get better jedi stats faster.

He can have his combat skills above 900.....

This happened just last night, so I thought I'd weigh in with it. My current Luke had two run-ins with Vader early in the game, which knocked his combat so far below zero that he actually stayed at zero for ~50 days, but he was advanced to Jedi Apprentice by the encounters. When he returned from Dagobah, he was already a Jedi Master with stats comparable to Vader's.

Hi I am new to the forum...but an old player. While I have never played online games - I hope to. I have not got a disc due to mine being lost, I hope to obtain a copy soon (disclaimer: not via here). I hope to play online I have boardband, but never played online games before (unless you count empire at war and C&C generals) Is the online connecting diffcult and what do I need to do...given for the most part I know nothing about multplayr configurations.

regards!!!

Here's the situation...in a normal game, Luke starts off with less Espionage, but more Combat in relation to Palpatine. If you're fortunate enough to not get captured early on, use it to become a Jedi Master before leaving for Dagobah...good thing is that Luke becomes a wrecking machine in Espionage/ Combat missions. However, the best idea is to use Luke according to what you see in the Core Sectors closest to Yavin. If most Imperial systems are there, sab them to death with Han, Chewie, Wedge, and anyone else you can spare, thile using Leia and Dodonna for Diplomacy. If you have no Imperial presence, use Luke for Diplomacy and later Recruitment. Now, I understand that this is an unedited game, but it's a good discipline to learn, especially when you use RebEd to make a stronger Imperial (Or Rebel if you like Empire) computer opponent.

By the way, for those who remember me, I'm glad to be back...I've had a real bad year...loss of relatives, and a friendship or two that have had a major falling out, and I'm trying to fix those while doing college work, two jobs, and all my hobbies, so I had to put Rebellion on the back burner.