HW2 CTD's in windows vista, annoying problem

LordStefX

Vista is...  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Vista is...

• BUGGY CRAP
    • AMAZING

Question

hey guys, my friend has homeworld2, but seing as he's running vista "wink wink" it doesnt seem to be working (like everything else lol). anyways, if anyone knows about a patch, goaround or hotfaix that might help, plz lemme know ASAP

ty

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/hfahfhfzc.jpg

3 answers to this question

Vista... not so amazing for gaming... but absolutely great for just about everything else. If your friend hasn't downloaded and installed the DirectX 9.0c bi-monthly redistribution release, do so. Yes, Vista does have DX10 and a compatible DX9 by default, but often the monthly release needs to be installed also to get some games working.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

oh its fixed.

turns out his graphics card driver was obsolete

although considering how many times he called me for these kinds of things, I think im gonna start charging him an hourly fee 8)

anyways, thanks for the suggestions

StefX

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/hfahfhfzc.jpg