Tractor beams

Zuckuss

Question

I'm not a rebellion newbie by any means, but I'm new to Rebellion.com and I'm still learning new tricks. There are a couple things I never really learned though...like...what, exactly, do tractor beams do? everything in the game has an exact value and effect (as you can see by using RebEd) but Rebed only shows the tractor strength and range, but never says what it does?

Do they allow ships to hold and snipe fighters? If so, why do ImpStars still suck so badly against rebel fighters?

I look to the wizened Rebellion konw-it-alls for guidance

3 answers to this question

If you see a blue sparkle effect around it a ship it is caught in a tractor beam. If you see a red sparkle effect around it a ship it is emitting a gravity field. Depends on the strength of the ship to see how much effect tractor beams have, the best way to view tractor beam strength is to put two ISD into a taskforce group. Assign the group the surround tactic ( as opposed to standoff) and pick a target for the taskforce to attack. The two ships will combine tractor beams and hold the target still, works with 2 ISD against most other ships immobilizing them.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

can be deadly on a withdrawing fleet

immobilizing a capital ship while withdrawing will cause that ship blow up after withdraw which can cause losing an entire system to opponent side