What's the Best Ship for Bombardment?

kleaverjr

Question

What is the best ship for Bombardment for both Empire and Alliance?

I know adding B-Wings and Tie Bombers to the ships doing the bombarding add's more power to the bombardment, so does that mean it should be a ship with Figher capacity?

I have no clue for Alliance ships which one, but I read somewhere (I forget where) that Victory Mark II Class Star Destroyers are the best?

Any thoughts?

Ken L.

aka Darth Siditious

6 answers to this question

Bombardment... Bulwark Cruiser has 4 strength. Victory I has 4 also, Victory II moves up to 5. For the price, Victory I is the best bombardment ship value. Rebels are compensated by strong bombardment rated fighters for lack of ships. Load up some alliance carriers with y-wings. Tie Bombers, Y-Wings, and B-Wings all have the same bombardment value at 2.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

While you're in the game, right-click on a ship or fighter and check the "Status" page for the Bombardment value (all all other values for that matter).

For study material, you can check out Sashanan's Rebel and Imperial Ship Guides at http://www.gamefaqs.com. Inside are all the stats and write-ups for all the ships. If it's not there, just do a web search for Rebellion and browse (that's how I found the guides in the first place).

Download RebEd game editor, it is the easiest way to view the ship statistics.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

If you're giving the Rebels access to Imperial ships your best bet are Victory Destroyers with Y-wing Squadrons for bombardment.

I think the VSDII is the strongest bombardment modifier you can get but it doesnt have as much in the way of guns as the ISDII does.

I normally use a mixed fleet dedicated for bombardment of about 3 ISDII's and 4-6 VSDII's all equipped with Y-wings. It's my default force of choice for getting through the Shields at Coruscant.

Just did a rough calculation and when all is said and done the ISDII has equivilant bombardment capability to the VSDII not counting fighters.

If you don't have to be overly frugal with the maintenance points and such, the Death Star has a bombardment value of 15! :twisted: Although, I think it should be way more :D
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?