Multiple Bombardments On Same Day

kleaverjr

Question

This is of particular importance for Multiplayer, since the speed of the game is wherever the lowest setting is on either computer.

When bombarding a planet, does multiple bombardments result in more damage if on the same day?

If it does, I find it a bit unfair, because it takes a whole day for any sabotage mission to "take effect" and if there are fleets that are days away, by the time they get there it is too late.

At least with SIngle player mode, you can speed up the clock to get the fleet there.

Ken L.

aka Darth Siditious

I was aware of HQ Colonization from my single player games but was not aware of ghost fleeting and the espionage bugs.

To me these last two bugs are clearly exploits, but I always considered the HQ colonization to be a "feature" for the Alliance.

So the online community would generally consider HQ Colonization to be an exploit also?

LOL I won't accept mission aborting as a cheat, (exploit maybe but cheat never :) )

I also don't believe there is any online player that never used this exploit. None would wait for the result of the espionage missions when a huge fleet got into a sector that they owned, assaulted and scrabed everything on the planet than moved on to another target. You will never know if your opponent aborted missions to see incoming fleets anyway.

About HQ colonizing it can be very annoying to explore that rebels colonized rest of the rim untill you hardly build up two rim sectors. But it can be decided before the game start. I had some games that I or my opponent let HQ colonizing free. So I don't think it is cheating.

I don't think suncrushing is cheating also. Suncrushing can be decided before the game start since both sides can use it. I find it annoying. I really piss off when I see a sector's whole systems sun crushed either by opponent or by myself. I am not sure if I am too sensitive :)

And about ghost fleeting, It is a no-no. You can never defend a sector if you don't see the incoming fleet days before it arrives. And you can have a ghost fleet on your orbit in just 2 days before it arrives. It is a cheat for sure. And it is kinda hard to notice it.

Defence depends on noticing incoming enemy fleets days before their arrive. Thats way online players ussually move onto a closer neutral (ussually to a uncolonized rim planet) planet and than attack to the closest target of enemy.