Does anyone know...

Musca

Question

What the actual formula is for mission success probability, and for detection of units on a mission? I know for example that using allot of units on an assassination/abduction mission if your enemy even one other unit is almost guaranteed to fail, but if they don't it gives a higher success probability. Anyone know the number of units after which your chances are decreased?

2 answers to this question

Have you tried using one or more characters/units as decoys? I don't know the exact formula, but the manual says something about using decoys to distract the local garrison and allowing the real agents to work unnoticed. I think it also mentions something about not sending too many units on a covert mission (crowd of armed weirdos draws too much attention). Sending two experienced characters as decoys and a bunch of commandos/less experienced chars might do the trick. At least it worked for me most of the time.

-rebellion2 enthusiast-

Terra Reconstructed

It actually works just as well to use characters not terribly suited for the mission as decoys- such as those characters who are just about average in all respects, or who were only good for R&D. I've noticed that a lot of the novels in Star Wars have some basis in Rebellion, and so tried out the Zahn approach of using Wedge as a decoy when he would be a terribly obvious backup agent- it works fine.

But no, I've no clue as to the exact formula, though I usually use three decoys for one worker, four for two, and almost always the store-bought brand.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away