Garrison

crzyazn

Question

Does anyone know how to change which troop the ai chooses to build when the "Manage Garrisons" option is enabled?

Im playing Protectorate as the empire, and the empire only builds stormtroopers even though there are better options available. Any ideas?

8 answers to this question

ty for the replies

when i play normal rebellion as the empire, the ai would garrison with dark troopers.

In protectorate, i made the stormies and the heavy imperial regiment cost the same (construction and matinence) and the latter has better defensive stats. All troops are available yet the ai continues to build only stormtroopers which get blasted away pretty easy =P

Keeps those rebels away!

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/a/a8/MrsGarrison.png

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

There's supposed to be a value that you can crank up to increase the liklihood of that unit being chosen, though I forget entirely what it is and where it is. Back when Xan was still around he mentioned it, saying that it increased the liklihood of certain ships to be produced. It was something like ship value in the naval area, and I imagine that there's a similar option for ground troops.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

There's supposed to be a value that you can crank up to increase the liklihood of that unit being chosen, though I forget entirely what it is and where it is. Back when Xan was still around he mentioned it, saying that it increased the liklihood of certain ships to be produced. It was something like ship value in the naval area, and I imagine that there's a similar option for ground troops.

Thanks for "jogging" my memory Tofu :wink: Xan had mentioned that there was a "morale" value (or something like that) that is NOT part of the RebEd program but IS part of the original SWeditor program. Basically the "value" determines how "effective" the unit is; which explained why if you replaced a weak ship (say a Carrack Light Cruiser) with a strong one (a Eclipse SD for example), and the AI controlled the Eclipse SD, it would [Monty Python voice] "run away" [/voice off] from a Mon Cal cruiser (go figure :? ). I don't know if that "value" is taken into consideration when the AI does "garrison" control though. I always thought the AI would build whatever the latest and greatest unit was researched, regardless of costs :(

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Ah... that explains why the Rebel AI fleet shows up with 20 Corvettes at Coruscant and I have an ISD and 20 Ties defending and it turns tail and run. I'll have to boost those AI morales a bit.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy