Can't build more facilities?

Setar

Question

I'm building a huge campaign against the Alliance, but my only real supply depot is Coruscant. I'm trying to make more planets that can build ships - I control the ENTIRE Sluis sector and I'm pondering just making that into a supply depot for the Imperial war machine - but I can only build a few refineries/mines/facilities before the game won't let me build any new facilities at all on the planet. I also can't use Coruscant's large resources to build construction facilities on other planets (I'm trying to build more in the Sesswenna sector to aid in my campaign in the Corellian sector) for the same reason.

I also can only seem to conduct espionage on the supposedly neutral planet Woostri, even though I was able to diplomatize Qat Chrystac over to my side. Don't know why, though...

Before you ask, I used RebEd to make the game really easy for the Empire, and an HQ only game is taking over 2000 days because I need to first find the HQ then capture it. I'm simply going the slow way of building up fleets, taking over systems then diplomatizing them to the Empire - though I didn't need to conduct an assault until I went after Alliance planets in the Sesswenna sector, as a couple quick ships and some diplomats allowed me to win over the Sluis sector.

9 answers to this question

Okay, you have a couple of classic problems that people new to the game have. The first ate at me forever before I finally gave up and read the manual: The building facilities thing.

Look beneath each planet that has been explored. It should have a bar ranging from red to green, and above that should be a series of small squares. Most of them will be white on your planet. That means that a facility occupies a facility "slot." When those bars are blue, it indicates that you can build a facility for each blue bar. Once all of the bars are white, no more facilities can be built.

Now look around and find some red-and-yellow bars. These indicate available mining locations. These will also be aparent if you click on the facilities icon in the upper left hand corner of the picture of the planet and select the image of the mine.

You can only build mines (Effective mines, at any rate) where there are resources to mine (IE The large piles of rocks)

As far as diplomizing Woostri: There I don't know what the deal is. Is there a bar to indicate whose side Woostri is on, or is it in an "unexplored" zone, with no data (E.G. blue bars, association with faction bars, etc.)? If you haven't explored the planet in some way, shape, or form, you won't be able to conduct diplomacy missions on that planet.

I hope that all helped. :wink: The game takes a while to get the hang of, but trust me; it's worth it.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Thanks for the tip on facilities. I was wondering...could a planet with a lot of available minerals be used solely to mine, and other planets solely to refine, and yet others to build ships, or should it be a balance between the three on each planet? And is it a good idea to scrap construction facilities for extra slots and simply have the last few facilities built on other planets, if that is possible?

As for Woostri, I have a fleet of 3 Victory II Star Destroyers and one Imperial II Star Destroyer above the planet. I can see the resource blocks, and Woostri is listed as neutral, but there is no bar below it.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Yes, you can.. and should keep like facilities on a planet. Why? Production facilities will build much quicker in multiples. If you find you're being destroyed by the enemy's fighter craft, and yet your few single shipyards are already day 100 into their Star Destroyer builds, you don't want to have to go and restart them.

Centralizing them makes it very easy too.. you can memorize which planets are your producers for ships, troops, facilities within a sector.

Certain planets may have lots of mine slots. Get them with lots of mines.

Other planets may have a bunch of facility slot. Stock them full of multiple shipyards. Decending by number of slots, place training facilities and/or construction yards as needed. As refinaries can take any remaining facility slots, just put them wherever.

Of course, the problem is if they get destroyed. You'll want heavy defenses on those worlds which are your producers. It would be good to have backups.. if they manage to blockade your shipyard world, you'll have another which to launch a counter-assault.

These are all ideals, of course. The randomly-generated galaxy may not be able to sustain all of that. Just work a balance as best you can.. esp in the core where you may already have non-ideal infrastructure. It is much easier to plan in the rim, where there are few existing structures... but of course it takes more time to build up.

---------

On the other issue, the planet Woostri has no bar because it is unoccupied. There are no people on it, so no diplomacy is necessary. Just load up troops from a transport ship and move them to the planet to take control of it.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Well, the Rebels have mainly used diplomacy in this game, so I'm not too worried about attacks - especially not in the Sluis sector, where they've had absolutely no presence, so I was able to simply send out a couple diplomats and win the entire sector over with a single fleet and a couple Carrack-class light cruisers.

Sabotage is also not an issue. Luke Skywalker is being sequestered safely away on the Outer Rim, on a single Strike Cruiser that jumps from place to place and doubles as an exploration ship. I do that with all my prisoners in case they escape, this way all they get is the location of one Strike Cruiser, and the fact that it's way off on the Rim. Han Solo managed to escape from Endor, but Luke's been imprisoned for over a thousand days - maybe even 1500 - and I've kept him mobile on the Rim to keep him from being freed.

Having the moving prison ship is a fine idea. Personally, I prefer to have a massive prison planet, with an entire fleet and fighter complement, 3 shield generators, tons of troops, and a general and commander. I usually try for Kessel, and then build some mines there too, so its like the prisoners of the Empire are being used as slaves in the spice mines. Mad fun.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I always wished there was a way to execute captured Rebel characters. Like they could have a thing where the captured Rebel character is on a system. You then send an Imperial character and the prisoner on an "execution" mission, where the Rebel player would receive a message that the prisoner would be executed in 100 days, and would reveal the location of the prisoner (as if the Empire was issuing an official decree about the execution of Rebel scum). The Imperial character and the Rebel prisoner would be stuck on the system for 100 days, and could not be moved unless rescued. The Imperial character would be like a bodyguard type character to ensure that the prisoner (who is now high-profile) remains imprisoned. If the prisoner was not rescued after 100 days, he would be eliminated and removed from the game.

This could possibly increase popular support on the system.

My Website

• SWR Staff - Executive

Say if executing an enemey character also resulted in popular support decreasing, depending on how famous they are? I could see the Corellians getting rather upset if Wedge or Han were executed, Ackbar for the Mon Cals, etc. Heck even if the Rebels decided to execute the Emperor, many worlds would be happy.. other loyal worlds would not.

All sounds like a good idea for a (wishful-thinking) Rebellion sequel

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I dont know if it would be a Rebel mission. I cant see the Rebellion holding executions, much like they cant do assassination missions.

And you have a good idea Evaders. Linking each character to a home world would most probably change that systems popular support in a major way. But I think that the main 4 (Luke Leia Han Mothma) would be immune from executions.

My Website