Katanna Fleet (Dark Force)

SOCL

Question

Has anyone other than myself actually ever attempted to build the ~200 Dreadnaught Katanna fleet? I have actually done it before and it is GREAT! Imagine 200 Dreadnaughts suddenly appearing in orbit over your system and take out your fleet within seconds, then bomb the hell out of your planet! foaming at mouth . . .

It's great to be an Imperial. :D

• Answers 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Fun, wasn't it?

I didn't name each ship, except for the first one, which was obviously Katanna. After that, I used the simple U.S. Naval ship coding. For example, in the U.S. Navy, a missle cruiser is CG, a destroyer is DD, a missle destroyer DDG, etc. So I simply named the other 199 dreads CC/D (cruiser/Dreadnaught) -2 through -200. Pretty weird, huh? I usually don't run out of names, but when I do, I start to use the simply coding.

I usually use names. after dread nr 50 i wqound up using stupid names like: feo, malo, tonto, etc. (which is the equivalent of ugly, bad, dumb, etc.). It was quite funny to have Ugly, Bad, Dumb and "Zopenco" (difficult to translate) destroy the CRS Liberty...
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

No hay mucha gente que hable esañol acá. Hay holandeses, alemanes, estadounidenses, canadienses, etc. ¿Vos qué? ¿Sos estadounidense? o ¿latino radicado allá?

Yo creci en Puerto Rico y he vivido en los EUA desde el ano 1990. Mi papa es un oficial en las Fuerzas Armadas, pero hablo espanol muy bien.

Por favor excusame por no poder acentuar las palabras correctamente; el teclado de mi computadora no me lo permite. :D

De donde ud. es?

Soy de Costa Rica. Hablas bien el español, comparado a otra gente que ha vivido allá tanto tiempo. Entiendo lo de los acentos por el teclado :D. Mejor empezamos a hablar en inglés para que le resto de la gente entienda algo. :D

Guest Scathane
No hay mucha gente que hable esañol acá. Hay holandeses, alemanes, estadounidenses, canadienses, etc.
Nevertheless, this holandese can still follow your conversation, albeit with some difficulty.

(SOCL:) Mi papa es un oficial en las Fuerzas Armadas, pero hablo espanol muy bien.
I was going to ask you how it came to be that you knew so much about ranks and even naval ship designations. I guess this explains a lot.

(SOCL:) A quien le importa la otra gente?
A lot more than you and your puny Katanna fleet, CADET!

Sorry, Commander Scathane, I had been merely joking.

Yes, my father is currently in the U.S. Army, but has served in all the branches of the Armed Forces, including the U.S. Coast Guard. I also know what I know about the military (I know far more about it than just the ranks) because I write stories involving the military and have done extensive research on the matter. And not only am I quite informed about the U.S. Armed Forces, but that of many other countries.

Guest Scathane
Sorry, Commander Scathane, I had been merely joking.

Yes, my father is currently in the U.S. Army, but has served in all the branches of the Armed Forces, including the U.S. Coast Guard. I also know what I know about the military (I know far more about it than just the ranks) because I write stories involving the military and have done extensive research on the matter. And not only am I quite informed about the U.S. Armed Forces, but that of many other countries.

I was merely joking as well! Good to have you on board! It's nice to have a member with such thorough military knowledge. :lol:

Well, I just hope that knowledge is public so that if anyone needs help with military accuracy or questions concerning the military, they'll come to me. I'll be more than willing to be the this forum's "Military Encylopedia". :lol::wink: Also, so that everyone knows, I try to be as objective as possible, so most of what I post is fact . . . and you can't argue with facts, right? :D

No hay mucha gente que hable esañol acá. Hay holandeses, alemanes, estadounidenses, canadienses, etc. ¿Vos qué? ¿Sos estadounidense? o ¿latino radicado allá?

I don't now what you just said but I couldn't help but notice one of the words looked like Canadians... Come on now, it's bad enough that we get made fun of in English but now it's Spanish? How aboot giving us Canadians a break Eh? :lol:

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Scathane
Well, I just hope that knowledge is public so that if anyone needs help with military accuracy or questions concerning the military, they'll come to me. I'll be more than willing to be the this forum's "Military Encylopedia". :lol::wink: Also, so that everyone knows, I try to be as objective as possible, so most of what I post is fact . . . and you can't argue with facts, right? :D
You should have a look at politicians and lawyers: they seem to be able to argue with facts.....

Don't worry, wormie, I wasn't making fun of Canadians and, unless I read it wrong, neither was Trejiuvanat. :D No worries, ehh? :lol:

Well, yes, politicians and lawyers to argue with facts . . . the point is that I'm not spewing out opinions I simply plcuk out of the air. Instead they're based on many, many, many facts. :D

I'm sorry, Commander, could you run that one by me again? I didn't quite understand it. :?

I'm quite sure Colonel Trejiuvanat didn't make fun of Canadians within the last few posts. Perhaps in the past, but not what I have read thus far.

Don't worry, wormie, I wasn't making fun of Canadians and, unless I read it wrong, neither was Trejiuvanat. :D No worries, ehh? :lol:

I wasn't saying that you were making fun of Canadians, it's just that we seem to be the butt of everybodies jokes these days, no worries. :D

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

I know what you mean. I was on a ski-lift this January (while snowboarding) with a friend of mine and a girl from Canada. We got to talking about our nationality and my friend said: "So, you're from Canada . . . ehh?" (of course, the "ehh" sounded like "a") The poor girl's smile ran from her face and started said: "When I was little, people used to make fun of me because of that . . . and it made me cry." :cry:

I hadn't truly realized, until that day, how much that sort of thing hurt people. Since that day, I have vowed to not make such comments ever again.

You are right Scathane you can never be too careful when dealing with me.

And while I, TRejiuvanat,a re mostly harmless there is my Yuuzhan Von alter-ego, Rjiuvan Shai. He is sadistic and absolutely evil.....

:evil::twisted::evil:

I don't have any problems with Canadians, thought the only one I know, (even if he claims he's tico (tico is the slang for Costarican)) he doesn't put a good image for your country....

Costa Ricans usually joke about nicaraguans, mexicans, and almost the rest of latinamerica....

Trejiuvanat endures a change in his personality

Canadians???? Unworthy creatures in the eyes of a Yuuzhan Vong. I will gladly take out your hearts and reaplace them with a writhign worm that will devour you from within. Then I'll enjoy taking your brains and tossing it to the rancorids, Yuuzhan Vong shapings of strange creatures collected on the world of Dathomir. :twisted::twisted:

Trejiuvanat endures a change in his personality, yet again.

There it goes again.

Scathane, I'm also fluent in German and well, obviously english.

Not again the multi language quest people..

Instead of Canadians, we in the Netherlands use the Belgians as subject of terror :twisted:

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

Guest Scathane
Not again the multi language quest people..
Out of respect for TK421, I will refrain from stunning you with my rather impressive list of multilingual skills. :lol:

Instead of Canadians, we in the Netherlands use the Belgians as subject of terror :twisted:
That's right, the Belgians...., and TK421 of course! :lol:

I wonder how many times does that line appear in the forii.

TK probably forgot where his post actually was. He is waiting for some one to say. TK421 this is your post. But all he gets is: TK421 why aren't you at your post?