Cant use diplomacy... :(

nowl

Question

Here's how i play and conquer

1. Those system whom i already had an info, i'll just send personnel to do diplomacy task.

2. Those system that i dont, i send spy drone for reconaissance. If i succeed, i'll have an info on the planet...

The problem is... why cant i conduct diplomacy mission on those? Even if they'r still neutral?

Is this normal? or i just downloaded a bugged version of swrebellion at torrent? lol!

23 answers to this question

Guest Scathane

I'd say it's not normal... I could be completely wrong of course, so let's wait what others have to say...

BTW, welcome to our community... :D

what´s that ? I didn´t get a "welcome" !

so I know your problem. these planets are in the outer rim, aren´t they ? you already realized they don´t have this diplomacy bar underneath ? they have only energy and how do you call that in english I have no idea well the bar where you can see how many mines you can build on the planet ^^ you can only do diplomacy on planets with diplomacy bar, and those in the outer rim which haven´t you have to ... kolonisieren what´s that in english - no idea again - well lets say to immigrant ^^ you have to send a fleet with one or more troops to those planets and bring at least one troop down. then it´s your planet, but before you can take the troops away again you have to build something (doesn´t matter what) on the planet. then the planet gets a diplomacy bar, too. and i think the planet is full on your side then, so you don´t have to send your characters to a diplomacy mission...

Sachsen-Anhalt : Wir stehen früher auf !

That info's very helpful! thanks! ;)

what´s that ? I didn´t get a "welcome" !

so I know your problem. these planets are in the outer rim, aren´t they ? you already realized they don´t have this diplomacy bar underneath ? they have only energy and how do you call that in english I have no idea well the bar where you can see how many mines you can build on the planet ^^ you can only do diplomacy on planets with diplomacy bar, and those in the outer rim which haven´t you have to ... kolonisieren what´s that in english - no idea again - well lets say to immigrant ^^ you have to send a fleet with one or more troops to those planets and bring at least one troop down. then it´s your planet, but before you can take the troops away again you have to build something (doesn´t matter what) on the planet. then the planet gets a diplomacy bar, too. and i think the planet is full on your side then, so you don´t have to send your characters to a diplomacy mission...

oh no probelm :D i discovered that some weeks ago but having rebellion for some years - i ever asked me that - how to conquer these planets then i found out suddenly -.-
Sachsen-Anhalt : Wir stehen früher auf !

Just to simplify what Snake already said, you can only do diplomacy missions on inhabited planets. Many planets in the Outer Rim don't have anybody living there, so there's nobody for a diplomat to talk to. If you do as Snake said (that is, plop down a troop regiment) then you have control of the planet. After building something, there are civilians working on the planet (so now its inhabited). It starts full on your side, but should the enemy gain influence there it is possible that you'll have to do diplomacy missions later on.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Spring break for Mitth? :wink: I wondered why we were getting so many snow birds- they're all fleeing Wisconsin! *Falls over laughing before throwing a large chunk of cheese in Mitth's general direction*

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

*Falls over laughing before throwing a large chunk of cheese in Mitth's general direction*

What kind of cheese Tofu?

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I dunno... Cheddar! I'm pretty sure you guys make that in Wisconsin... Or maybe even Swiss cheese... I would look up what kinds of cheeses you guys are famous for, but I can't even spell your state's name properly without spell check, so frankly I don't care... :wink:

12/14/07

I get my cheese from the Shulsburg (sp?) cheese people that have a store in Dodgeville. The BEST cheese curds in the world! Every time you bite into them they squeak. That's when you know that they're good.

BTW Tofu: "Wisconsin". Unless you are listening to me and trying to spell it phonetically...then it is "Wescansiin" (the 'i' is held out...).

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Wisconsinease accent? :lol: Come to think of it, are New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, Rhode Island, California, Nevada, and the Carolinas the only states which have specific adjectives related to them (IE Rhode Islander sea food or Floridian gator {Which is actually quite good provided you cook it correctly})

12/14/07

Ah... Sheesh we're off-topic... Umm, anyone know if putting a decoy on a diplomatic mission makes it more likely to succeed? Also, is it better to have more diplomats on one mission, or lots on differant missions? I know more means greater chance of success, but it takes longer to get a status report the more people there are...

12/14/07

It takes longer to get a status report? Didn't know that... does that apply to research missions as well? Doesn't seem to apply to sab/esp/capture missions though, as I frequently send large groups on such missions and have them end in as little as one day.

I was also wondering how many decoys are useful. Is it lots of decoys, a few actual agents (like the AI does), lots of agents and a few decoys (a few posts seem to indicate this), or about half/half (like I do)? Oh yes, and does the combat stat have any effect for decoys, or is it just their esp stats?

Wisconsinease accent?

It's actually a Wisconsin accent. 'Wisconsinease' is not a word. The term is actually 'Wisconsinite'.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Guest Scathane

Really, guys, if we got together - say - 3 to 5 people and created a proper research format, we could pull it off... :D

Unfortunately, I must admit I can't be one of the testers, since my copy of the game is somewhere in a box deep down in the basement... :oops:

I'd test it, except I'm supposed to be testing the Reloaded ships right now...

Uh, yeah, see me testing? :roll:

Anywho, the more stuff I promise to do the less I'll actually do, so I'm staying out of this one. But if somebody finds out, I definately want to know about it.