Potential force users

Arngrim

Question

20 answers to this question

All of the minor characters except Thrawn. Also Leia after Luke meets Vader.

Not all of the characters WILL become Jedi in any 1 game, but (again with the exception of Thrawn) all of the minors have that possibility.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I think the A.I. randomly selects three minor characters from each side to be Force attuned. You must send Vader or Luke (after Dagobah) around to find out who are the candidates.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Not sure on the final number either, but with large numbers of unedited games under my belt, I've had as many as two-thirds of the minor characters as force-users.

HUH. I have numerous games under my belt as well bob and the most I was ever able to get in a single game to jedi were 4 minor characters.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Just did some testing. Theres no limit on Jedi. In fact, I believe its possible to make every character (except Thrawn and Han) a Jedi. Here's what I did.

Vader goes on a recruitment mission. Save the game. He comes back with someone. If they're not a Jedi, I reset. He comes back with a new person each time, so it means that the characters arent generated at the start of the mission. Repeat characters (I got Bin Essada twice) have different stats, so they are determined as soon as they are recruited, rather than at game start. I was able to get 2 consecutive Jedi this way, so I believe it is all a matter of chance.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Hmmm. I've never had more than three in one game. But it would be cool to have more. I could start "Darth Vader's Academy of the Dark Arts". It would be awesome.

My Website

I have had as many as 7. And yes Thrawn at least once. So even though he shouldn't be able too under Rebed the chance is still there. I have never had Han or Mon Mothma though. Of course I don't play the Rebs that much.

I have had as many as 7. And yes Thrawn at least once. So even though he shouldn't be able too under Rebed the chance is still there. I have never had Han or Mon Mothma though. Of course I don't play the Rebs that much.

... another lurker appears from the shadows... What are you guys, afraid we're going to bite? :lol: Feel free to come out and post at any time! I won't hurt you... much :twisted:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

... another lurker appears from the shadows... What are you guys, afraid we're going to bite? :lol: Feel free to come out and post at any time! I won't hurt you... much :twisted:

And however much Tofu hurts you, the rest of us will hurt HIM more.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Thanks a lot everyone, this helps, and I've discovered rebed too.

The game became a lot more interesting when the rebs started closer to the core, the b***ards have better dipomats than me... And a bigger fleet...

Ah welll i have better defences and production base, soon The rebellion will be crushed!

According to RebEd, only a few characters cannot be jedi. Han, Mothma, Thrawn, I think Chewy, and a few others (I don't think Wedge can be, but I'm not sure). Each character is selected 'jedi' independantly from the rest, meaning that if, say, Villar has a 20 chance, that means 20% of the time he should be a jedi, whether Zuggs is or not. It is potentially possible to get almost every character a jedi in an unaltered game, but the chances are very, very slim indeed. Personally, I've never seen Chewy, Piet, Wedge, or other characters that you always start out with be jedi, but I'm not sure this has anything to do with anything. Just an observation. Also, never seen Thrawn or Ackbar be a jedi, but I'm pretty sure Ackbar could be... RebEd says he could, anyway. What stinks is when one of your jedi is the researcher, who can research anything but has terrible stats. Even after training, they are still useless beyond the research labs.

Here's something to consider. Vader can't train other jedi as well as Luke can. Because Luke can easily grow in the force, he can teach other jedi, no matter what their rank is... its been my experience that after the minor character becomes a trainee or jedi knight, then Vader has a real tough time getting them trained up to the rank of master. Luke, however, only has this problem if he himself is inexperienced... simply get HIS force rating up higher (a few fights with Vader after Dagobah is usually enough), and he can train people up to master without any problems.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

I have had Chewie and Ackbar as Jedi. Though Ackbar only grew in leadership, I think.

I just don't understand how Vader can train Jedi and Palpy cannot. If anything, Palpy should be the one able to train. That's why when I pop in RebEd, Palpy has the ability to be the master.

My Website

I had something like five force users besides Vader and Palpatine, playing as the Empire once. Only one of them lacked diplomancy and one only developed average level combat ratings. But it still kicked ass.

Guest Scathane
Send either Luke or Vader plus the trainable character on a mission on the planet they're on... Select 'jedi training' as the mission...

the most I've had is four. I had this happen a couple of times. I also have found Vader has trouble getting the trainers to Master usually takes 15 missions after Knight to become Masters. When is the best time to start training? I usually wait until I have all the core worlds under control. is this too late? I find myself sitting over the last rebel planet when my trainees become Knights.