two question to get answerd,....

Hyro

Question

hello,

i wanted to ask because im trying to play the game without useing the manuals, only in learning by doing, because it isn't no so hard to understand this game.

i got only a short question.

im trying to invade a planet,...but it isnt possible to do, there is only a option to bombard the facillities not to invade it.

so...what do i have to do to conquer the planet?,...

troops are loaded!!!

another question is, i have a huge contingent on military troops on board my fleet,...16 regiments.. the planet i have invaded did only have 3 calamri units on surface...

i lost all of my personal and rebells havent lost any unit,...? it is mysterius.... a bug?

2 answers to this question

im trying to invade a planet,...but it isnt possible to do, there is only a option to bombard the facillities not to invade it.

so...what do i have to do to conquer the planet?,...

troops are loaded!!!

Systems that have 2 (or more) Gen Core defensive shields are immune to assault. You need to sabotage the Gen Cores or bring a fleet with MASSIVE bombardment capability and overwhelm their capabilities.

i have a huge contingent on military troops on board my fleet,...16 regiments.. the planet i have invaded did only have 3 calamri units on surface...

i lost all of my personal and rebells havent lost any unit,...? it is mysterius.... a bug?

Defending is always easier than attacking, so at a minimum you should try to get 3 times the strength of the defenders. Enemy Generals on a system also enhance their defensive capabilities. Alliance Mom Calamari troops have HUGE defensive strengths, so depending on what your assault troops were (i.e. Imperial Army or Fleet Regiments), that is NOT a surprise result.

The Manual is there for a reason.

Good Luck & have fun.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Right-click on your army units and select status. In the details it says what the unit's strengths are. War Droids, for example, are fabulous for invasions, but horrible for defense. You don't need the manual, but you will need to check what unit does what to avoid a lot of frustration.

I don't think you need 3 times the strength of defenders when you invade. But you should have a General on your fleet (boosts your attack), you should capture, kill, or injure any enemy general on the surface, and you should use army units that are proficient at attacking. Additionally, a fleet in orbit will tell you what defending units are on the surface, but NOT what personnel are there. Espionage missions will inform you of enemy generals.

If you right-click on a Gen Core shield generator and select status, it will tell you what its shield strength is. If you view the status of a ship (say, an Imperial Star Destroyer), it will have its bombardment value listed. To break through a planetary shield (as Tex said), you must overwhelm the shield. The combined total bombardment value of all ships in your fleet (including fighters!) must be the same or higher than the combined total shield value of all shield generators on the planet's surface. Admirals and generals effect bombardment success. As a rule of thumb, a fleet with an admiral, general, and commander will do slightly better at almost everything. Additionally, some ships and fighters have a 0 bombardment rating and can't help you break a shield.

Rather than adding up all your fleet's bombardment values, you can just try the bombardment. If your fleet is right at the verge of taking out the shield, that shield may hold on some bombardments and fail during others, so it is best to try a few times just to be sure. If you can't get through after four or so tries, it is probably out of reach for your fleet. I'm sure you know this, but be careful bombarding planets with laser batteries, while Ion Cannons will reduce your bombardment effectiveness.

The right-click status menu is available for every unit in the game. You will probably use it a lot to learn what personnel and other units are good at. Also, the link in my signature has a lot of information you may find useful.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"