Hi everyone, I'm new to the website but have been a fan of rebellion since it first came out. Using the site I was finally able to get rebellion working on my machine, I don't have space/windows key to run it on a VM so I went with the older Refresh method. After messing around for an hour or so I couldn't get the game to work. I had gotten it set up but when launching I got a black screen. Following some additional threads I found Mithious' guide for setting up Rebellion. I finally found what the problem was. I had copied all the files over as is, keeping the files in the rebellion folder, as he clearly says not to below. However, from the other directions this wasn't clear. It would be great if someone could make an official sticky post including these directions below. As soon as I realized my error I copied the files out of the rebellion folder and into the main Star Wars Rebellion folder and the game started up no problem. An official post with THESE directions would go a long way to making it easier for less savvy Rebellion fans to get set up and running (on Windows 7 x64 anyway). Perhaps this is the case somewhere, but if it is then it's not clear enough. I'm talking like a link in big letters on the main page or something, you know. Thanks all for keeping a great game alive! -James
I'm playing Rebellion (or in my case Supremacy) on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit RTM with no problems (and not using XP mode).
What I did is as follows:
1. Copy everything from INSIDE the Rebellion (or Supremacy) folder on the CD to "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion"Important: Do not copy the Rebellion folder itself, copy everything inside it. You will need to create the 'LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion' folders yourself. Make sure they are spelled correctly.
2. Download the file in the first post at: http://www.swrebellion.com/forums/postt3937.html
3. Extract the downloaded file.
3. Right click the Rebellion_x64.reg file and click merge. (If your program files is on a different drive you'll need to edit this reg file)
4. Copy the files d3drm.dll and REBEXE.exe to "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion"
5. Create a folder called "SaveGame"
6. Run the game (REBEXE.exe) as an administrator.
Everything worked for me first time. I have the problem where I can't skip the briefing but the space battles seem to work fine.
Note that I've only played the game for a few minutes before posting this so I may run into problems later.