Manufacturing - Reserve

Boogaboo

Question

Hi all,

Just started playing again after many years away.

My buddy and I have one question we can't figure out.

When right clicking on a manufacturing item (Ship yard, Troop Training etc) there is an option to click on "Reserve".

What does that do or what is it for?

Many thanks

Kevin

Edited by Boogaboo

6 answers to this question

• SWR Staff - Executive
It's been a while, but I believe it is to pause the auto building of units on that structure. Could be wrong :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I think Evaders is right.

To elaborate...I think it's reserving them away from C3PO or IMP droid, so that they don't use that facility to build things at all (if you ever use the droids to auto-build things, which I don't think many do as they don't do it very well)

But I also could be wrong

You are both correct. If you tell the droid to control manufacturing for you, you can use the reserve to keep a facility out of their hands. That is one of Rebellion's best features, but rarely used, since few of us ever give our war manufacturing over to a droid. They just aren't smart enough.

However, it can be nice if you are just learning to play the game.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

I know you can tell the droids to build specific things for you on a specific planet. But you are right, being able to reserve a planet would be nice.

You can always do it the old fashioned way. Get a single construction yard to build a gazillion refineries on the planet you want reserved, then pause construction. Without any available energy, the droids will leave the planet alone. Then redo the build orders when you want space for another construction yard to build something useful. Clunky, but it works.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"