Installing Rebellion on XP

Darklighter

Question

I'm trying to install SWR on my laptop and I'm having no luck. When I put the CD in, the menu pops up, I hit Install, the CD spin sup for a few seconds and then it stops and nothing else happens. I did a Google search an dfound another board where someone was having the exact same problem, the only response was to Copy the CD files to the HD and try again. I did and the HD spun up like it was doing something, then stopped and nothing else happened. I've tried it in Win95 and 98 Compatibility Mode and the same results.

Whats baffling is that it's installed on my Desktop downstairs with no issues.

Any help is appreciated.

2 answers to this question

I just had this problem today reinstalling so I created this account to offer a solution. I tried to run it directly instead of through autoplay but nothing happened. I checked and the setup process was in the task manager but it was stuck. I restarted and ran it directly through the setup.exe instead of autoplay and it worked just fine. So give that a shot after restarting to clear the process in case it's still running.