Curious mouse issue on Win7 x64

Rogue985

Question

Hello, folks.

I've got Rebellion working, mostly. I copied the contents of the CD and can run it from that folder (Program Files\Lucasarts\Star War Rebellion\REBELLION). It's Star War, not Star Wars; one of the registry entries I imported forces it to CTD as soon as I create a new game if the directory is Star Wars.

Anyway, that's irrelevant. I can get into the game, get through the intro, start a game. No CTDs involved. I see the universe map and all the buttons, and can click on all of them and get a satisfying click sound. However, no menus appear. I can't interact in any way with the screen. Tooltips show up, so I can see materials, maintenance, et cetera, but I cannot pull up ships, heroes, or any systems. I can stare at the beautiful map of the galaxy and click on all sorts of stuff, but that's about it.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind. I adjusted the location of REBEXE, ran the 1.01 patch, and it works beautifully now. Thanks to everyone here for the advice I've read over many hours!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet