make him shut up, please :-)

Verdex

Question

I just installed the big R on Win7 32 bit on a Samsung netbook N150. It seems to work fine with one annoying execption: I cannot skip the intro where IMP-22 (yeah, I usually play *that* side ;) talks and talks and talks. And I've heard that more than often enough... Anyone with a solution to that problem?
Asteroids do not concern me...

9 answers to this question

I just installed the big R on Win7 32 bit on a Samsung netbook N150. It seems to work fine with one annoying execption: I cannot skip the intro where IMP-22 (yeah, I usually play *that* side ;) talks and talks and talks. And I've heard that more than often enough... Anyone with a solution to that problem?

I think Slocket had the simplest solution: erase the EMBRIEF.DLL file data. I think he said to use ResourceHacker to erase all of the file data and then save. Without the data, the briefing is quick. You can do a forum search to find his post.

Have fun! :D

PS Any big vacation/holiday plans this year? :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Tex :-) You're still around, that's great!

No, no *big* travelling plans this year. I am still enjoying the memories I've got from the trip to the lone star state (and others to the West). Actually, I am waiting for summer to begin so I can wear my "Texas"-shirt once again :-)

I found the tip you are mentioning... I'll try it within the next days. He is talking about 'replacing', you say 'deleting' would just be fine? Did you try it yourself?

So... the first try failed... :-( I found the wavs and deleted them... but then ResHacker told me that it's unable to safe the new file... I don't see why but right now I am unfortunately also running out of time. Won't be online much tomorrow but any help is very much appreciated! :-)

Tex :-) You're still around, that's great!

No, no *big* travelling plans this year. I am still enjoying the memories I've got from the trip to the lone star state (and others to the West). Actually, I am waiting for summer to begin so I can wear my "Texas"-shirt once again :-)

I found the tip you are mentioning... I'll try it within the next days. He is talking about 'replacing', you say 'deleting' would just be fine? Did you try it yourself?

I've haven't tried this tip myself because I'm still running XP; I always like to stay "behind the times" when it comes to OS's. That way, by the time I upgrade, everybody has already figured out how to work past the "bugs". :D

Check the permissions on the files to verify you are "allowed" to make changes to the files :wink:

I hope this works out for you.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I fully understand you - XP was and IS a great OS.

Vista was a real mess... 7 (which I couldn't avoid with new machines) is rather good. I would even give it two thumbs up - if there wasn't this nagging insecurity about Rebellion running or not... Funny how a 15 year old game can make one tick ;-)

... Goddamnit, Cartman ... I've tried it all now... but just as I would expect from any loyal imperial droid - IMP-22 just doesn't shut the f... up :-D

If you actually deleted those two files which contain the raw data for speech, it is absolutely impossible for the droids to talk. Either the program rebellion would crash, or just keep going without playing the speech and animations, which is what you wanted.

If you actually deleted those two files which contain the raw data for speech, it is absolutely impossible for the droids to talk. Either the program rebellion would crash, or just keep going without playing the speech and animations, which is what you wanted.

Unless you have the CD in the drive. I used CD image to play the game. Deleting the files did not help. However, deleting the files from the CD image (using ISO editor) and game directory solved the problem.