Strange error/crash

tcooper

Question

Wondering if anyone has encountered this error before as this is the first time I've encountered and have been a long time Rebellion player. I recently reinstalled the game on my XP computer and was able to play a full game as the Empire. When I tried to play as the Alliance, however, I got an error message and a game crash. Through trial and error I discovered the problem is Mon Mothma. I can do anything as the Alliance, but move Mon Mothma or send her on missions. I have updated the game, tried reinstalling the game, and even run the game in compatibility mode, but continue to get the same problem. Any suggestions on what is going on and how to fix it?

2 answers to this question

Don't you know you can't tell women what to do? You have to ask, politely :wink::lol:

That's a new one. I would think maybe some of your file data was corrupt, but you did a "re-install" and got the same problem; unless the CD file(s) is/are hosed :? Try using RebEd and checking all of her stats to make sure anything isn't totally out of whack causing the crash. Other than that, maybe getting another source for the MJCHARSD.DAT file, and checking again. I'm not sure what other files to try and swap out that would have "Mon Mothma" data that would cause such a problem? Worse case scenario, ... get another CD and do a file check; or just get another game CD.

Good Luck!

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Did you ever get this fixed?

I'd try replacing Mothma with another card. You could probably even use her card from the database here, so there are no changes- except perhaps a restoration of corrupted data.

Otherwise, do as Tex suggested and try swapping out files or getting another game disc.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"