Quick newbie question

VeronikaAlexandrov

Question

Would like to redo all the planets, change positions and even try to make new planets but not sure how to go about doing it, or if there is a mod for it. Any assistance on the issue would be appreciated given I'd sooo love to see maybe dagobah or the falleen homeworld, see from what I've read the rebellion game had some of the planets moved around in ways that weren't completely canon so I am just wondering

1 answer to this question

Well, there is one mod that is already done out there. DarthTex's galaxy new config:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3813

I'm also working on a mod of larger scope. One of it is making my own version of a galaxy that would be more accurate. I am almost done doing so. On the plus side, where Darth Tex had a new galaxy pic and an asteroid icon to replace one of the planet pictures, I modified all of the in game planet pictures along with their encyclopedia pic. I have redone most of the encyclopedia entry text too, with a few exceptions and there is a ton of new planet including the Faleen homeworld.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28010

However, I did not include Dagobah because when Luke goes to Dagobah, in Rebellion, there is no possible way to interact with him. I think it would just be weird to have the planet but him not able to be reached, or the planet being captured meanwhile not to mention that if he goes to Dagobah from extreme east of the galaxy whereas Dagobah would be on extreme west, it would still take him but a few days to come back instead of all the time it actually should take...

So if you wish to make your own modification, you will probably need RebEd and assuringly Ressource Hacker. RebEd will let you change the planet pictures (but not replace the original pics by new ones, if that is also your wish...) and move the sectors inside the galaxy, while RessourceHacker will let you change names of sectors and systems (textstra.dll, string table) and the encyclopedia entries (encytext.dll). You'll require some organization to know what planet is wheere and with what you wish to replace-it. I usually work with 4 things at a time: a screenshot of the sector I need to change, a draw of the new planet positions and indicating which planets they should replace, texstra open at the system names of the planets that needs to be replaced and encytext at the entries that have to be replaced. Simple, but tricky.

Also, to get better in-sector positionning, DarthTex is the man that will help the poor lost soul I am when it comes to hex-edit.