How to run the game WITHOUT the CD

beethovenite

Question

I remember back in the day, I was able to download some kind of a CD file and install it on my computer. After I used my ACTUAL CD to install the game, I never needed the physical CD ever again.

Know what I'm talking about? I want to find this file so that I don't have to worry about inserting my CD in the computer...

thanks in advance!

p.s. if anyone wants to play multiplayer email me at beethovenite@gmail.com!

5 answers to this question

• SWR Staff - Executive
Make your own ISO image. There are numerous tools online to do so

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

And none seems to work (for me, at any rate...). However, if you can get your paws on Rebellion Reloaded, you'll get a game with over all better models, cards and skin PLUS nocd capacity...

Daemon tools works great if you have a properly ripped .iso, if your cd was scratched beforehand, well... consult the dark corners of the Internet.

You can also follow the setup directions in the Windows Vista/7 Compatibility thread and offload all the cd contents to hard drive, merge the custom registry file, and use my custom 1.02 rebellion executable. The game will then be playable without the CD, but you will need a CD to install the game. The game actually seems far more stable will all contents on hard drive, fewer rebexe.exe so it is the way to go imo.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy