Force Growth?

KyFedCop

Question

3 answers to this question

Both before and after Dagobah, Luke gains in Force rating from foiled missions and from meeting Vader or the Emperor.

In simplest terms, to force the Force Growth you should send him on a lot of sabotage missions, to planets with detectors.

If you care more about the Force Growth than accomplishing the sabotage itself, then give him no decoys. You should have a rescue team with him, in case he gets captured. Preferably this should be done on planets without planetary shields/LNRs, so if he does get captured you can bombard the troops away and then rescue him (or get him back automatically if the planet joins). These should be sabotage missions, because they are faster compared to for instance espionage.

If you locate a planet with Vader, you can get some rapid Force growth by repeatingly forcing an encounter with Vader. However, there's a very good chance Luke will get captured, especially while he's still not very strong. So I wouldn't do this on a planet from which I can't rescue him immediately. Once Vader gets injured, his combat rating drops and the probability of Luke being captured also drops.

Eventually this will lead to Vader being captured, though if you want to be really sneaky you can put him on an expendable ship over the planet, move the rest of the fleet away to a nearby planet, come back, and right before the fleet comes back scrap the ship with Vader on it. This will let him escape back onto the planet below. Then your fleet arrives, and assuming Vader didn't choose to go somewhere else in that single game turn, you can go back to using him as a training dummy.

http://forums.swrebellion.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27885

But this pretty much feels like cheating.

Of course in terms of helping the Alliance this is a huge waste of time, as opposed to the missions I described earlier, which at least accomplish some sabotage. (So are the Jedi training missions for that matter.) But as an investment into Luke it's very effective.

I'd only do any of this in single player, of course. In multiplayer, I'd minimise the risk of capture as a priority, although Luke is still very useful for sabotaging things even if he doesn't progress to Jedi Knight/Master. But I'd give him decoys and avoid Vader unless he happens to be strong enough for the encounter. Alternatively, post-Dagobah Luke has potential to be a great diplomat, which nets no Force growth but is a fairly safe way to be useful (not that you'll be short of diplomats with the Alliance).

EDIT: typo correction.

Edited by Markus_Ramikin

Oh, and I forgot to add that once Luke discovers his heritage by meeting Vader, and tells Leia so she is Force sensitive too, Leia can be trained in exactly the same ways. However, to the best of my knowledge all minor characters who have the Force can only be trained with Jedi Training missions.