screen resolution

starsman

Question

I've searched the forum and haven't found an answer. I have loaded swr on a newer pc with XP and the graphic window is tiny. I have adjusted the resolution on the pc as low as it goes and I can get a max screen frill of about 50%. I need it to be bigger so I can actually see what's going on. Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

The original game is 640*480. The new computer video lowest resolution is either 800*600 or 1024*768, so your going to get a tiny picture.

maybe there may be a setting or software program that can expand the picture to fill up your monitor. I assume you have wide screen.

I can get the game to expand to full size on my monitor which has a low setting of 800*600. I would think it would stretch out to fill your screen up also.

If you have a wide screen monitor, what brand is it and lowest supported minimum resolution can you go on it (video card makes a difference too- Brand name and model), plus its Normal native resolution? There maybe a conflict there.

Somewhat older Video cards will not/maybe allow a forced setting to your monitor for odd native resolutions of monitors.

• SWR Staff - Executive
You have to put in full screen mode - not sure if there's any trick to doing that. There really is no way to change the resolution that it uses, it's such an old game.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

My computer runs on XP 1440x900 resolution, and when I run Rebellion it has no problem occupying the full screen. What I want to know is, if it's possible to shrink the screen size to the good ol' SQUARE resolution of 800x600 or 1024x768... so that the game isn't condensed down and flat looking.

Thanks for your answers!

p.s. if anyone wants to play multi, email me at beethovenite@gmail.com!!!

What kind of video cards is it? Most allow you to select a scaling method. With my Nvidia card, I just right-click the desktop, select "Nvidia Control Panel," select "Adjust desktop size and position," and select "Nvidia scaling with fixed aspect-ratio."

If you don't have such an option, there is a workaround using a program called Display Changer. Basically follow the directions I posted at this link http://forums.swrebellion.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28024 but instead of creating a shortcut to VMplayer, create a shortcut to the Rebellion exe file.