Lag on tactical battle map.

Darth-Korgyab

Question

I have been playing Reb for many years.I am running the game on Vista Home Premium 32-bit.Everthing works but the tactical battles.

When I enter a tactical battle map I see all the models and such and if I mouse over buttons they move slowly in a jerky sort of way.

I am hoping someone knows a fix for this as I have no desire to play without tactical battles(as any true Reb player can understand).

I have been through this forum many times and have seen a few others that have had this question but I have seen no answer that helps.

Just to be clear I have tried shutting down all tactical options and sound without effect and have had no luck fixing the problem using

virtual pc though I may not be using the Vpc correctly.Please,help me SWR moderators,you are my only hope!

2 answers to this question

So you running it on host system and/or Virtual PC?

For host Vista, you might want to try updating to latest vendor drivers. Also, try disabling Aero interface. The performance is laggy in Vista primarily to relying on older d3drm.dll that was deprecated so no native version exists. Combine a weak graphics subsystem (your specs? Intel IGP?), crap drivers, Areo rendering, and API calls through deprecated DLLs something is bound to be amiss.

Also, try replacing Virtual PC with Virtualbox (virtualbox.org) as it has better hardware acceleration options. Note to install proper 3d support you must boot the guest OS to safe mode and install virtualbox guest additions (w/ experimental 3d support option checked), then reboot guest to normal operation, and configure 3d enabled support in the machine profile in the Virtualbox settings on the host.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy