Rebellion Reloaded Help, Noob Questions

anhelm

Question

Hello guys, and sorry for the noob questions, but I've been trying for a week to get this thing working. After searching through the forums I'm still confused as to what I'm doing wrong. I have a full install of my rebellion cd, I have RebED and resource hacker. I then download RR into a subfolder in rebellion and then use the setup. Here is the thing: Every time I try to load the rebellion reloaded beta card (which I have also copied into rebed cards folder), it tells me that this is not a valid RebED card! It then brings up the editor where I try and load settings. I can load the settings at which points some things work and some dont. I get the new interface with all new planet names and locations. I get different named heroes and units with differents stats. What I dont get is the pictures or encyclopedia changes to those new heroes. The voices for the main characters are the same, i.e. thrawn is vader in both voice and picture but name has changed as well as stats. I also tried downloading certain cards from the site, and for some reason they are'nt showing up in the folder i save them too. I have a feeling I'm just retarded and this is a simple fix but at the moment I'm at my computer knowlede limit. I have searched the forums and tried multiple things but I'm lost for the moment. Please help and thanks.

11 answers to this question

I really dont know what to say, or you made something wrong, or the REB file is really bad. Try to download it again.

First launch setup, give the place of the Reshack exe, then load the Reb file if u can. If u cant, it is possible that the REB file is bad.

Hmm... you say you tried loading the cards individually, but couldn't find where they downloaded to? Are you using Internet Explorer, Firefox, what?

Double check the RR instructions and make sure you didn't miss anything. Post back what browser you're using, and in the mean time I'll think about it...

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Internet Explorer is my browser, I've triple checked everything so if I'm doing something wrong I must not understand some terminology or something but I dont think that's the case. I did try to find the individual cards on this website but couldn't find most of the characters. It's possible I'm not using the search engine correctly. If there is a direct link to the characters, especially like C'baoth who I have yet to find anything on, please send it my way. Also I did find where they were downloading to, it just didnt show up in the file until I selected that file with REBED. No problem there.

Thanks again for the help guys.

First, kudos for not throwing my suggestion to check the instructions out the door just 'cause you'd already done it. If I remember right, when I did the RR install I had it right, but another TC I did I missed a step and only realized it when somebody else pointed out I had misunderstood the instructions.

So if I understand correctly, you got the background and support files, but lack the pictures for characters and the voice changes. Oh, and encyclopedia entries are messed up. Was there any other portion of the TC that didn't load up correctly? For instance, did all the ship models, encyclopedia entries, etc. load up correctly?

Thats a negative, all pictures for all things: characters, ships, units, etc. are not updated as well as the encyclopedias. The new names are there and the new stats for all, but nothing in the game has new pictures, voices, sounds, textures. The background and planets do load correctly.

Oh snap. That would take awhile to manually load all of that. 'Specially since you'd have to extract the information, THEN load it.

K, let me experiment and try a few things. I probably won't be able to test stuff til tomorrow; regardless, I'll let ya know what I figure out.

Have you tried reinstalling everything, the game itself and all?

At first, I'd also have some issues with the installation of the mod, but after a few tries, I've managed to get it up and running.

What's your OS, by the way?

Ya stuck in the same place, but thx for trying to help, was worrying these forums were dead ;p. Could you suggest a good TC that is star wars lore friendly?

Thanks

Well, try the Protectorate : The empire strikes back, you find it if you click on the Rebed icon on top left side, and choose TC's.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3426

This is my TC, if u are interested, i will give the link from where you can download it.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Suggest you go through anything in this thread, may be useful to you

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3940

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Alright I've been doing alot of testing and found some interesting things. I followed the above link and downloaded the gamma .reb file to my REBED cards folder. I then followed these instructions:

SOCL, your "gamma" card works swell except for the ridiculously minor encyclopedia error. So I'm to understand that the "unofficial" but preferred method of installation for Reloaded thus far is:

1) uninstall old Rebellion

2) do brand-new maximum install and keep CD in drive

3) download ResHacker, unzip it into your Program Files folder, download Reloaded TC executable, download SOCL's "gamma version" .reb card from page 3 of this very thread

4) run ReloadedTC_beta.exe and set it to stick the files in new folder "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\beta", for example (a new folder titled "beta" in your Rebellion directory)

5) go into said new folder and run "setup.exe"

6) follow installer instructions, including pointing to ResHacker location on your drive (Program Files if you followed this guide) so that it can do its thing, then wait until it assures you it's finished installing.

7) open RebEd and load the "gamma" .reb card, should get NO error messages WHATSOEVER (beyond the standard "newer version" RebEd message)

8) double click the enable_movie_patch.reg file within the "beta" folder in your Rebellion directory

Once I try and load the gamma .reb cared it tells me that: This file contains in game pic replacement but you wont see them unless you install the rebellion DLL's

and reload this file(see partial installer). The next error says: This file contains Encyclopedia pics replacements, but you wont see them, unless you install the rebellions edata files. I'm going to try uninstalling and full installing again because partial installer isn't working. With the gamma I did get the new voices working, like C'baoth and thrawn. So something is looking up :P.

And also someone asked what OS I have it's Vista 32.