Buying the game?

Darkpriest667

Question

Ok,

I owned this game the day it came out.. my step father and I used to play it all the time when I was younger. Well I have the book and so i decided ive got to have it around here somewhere.. Ive looked high and low even torn his apartment apart trying to look for this damned game. Its no where to be found... No problem Ill buy it again.. Lucasarts wont sell it to you. YOU NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy anything used online.. (burned way too many times for that) So I figure hey amazon will have it new... YEAH FOR 120 FRAGGING DOLLARS plus shipping... this game is good... I always enjoyed it.. but for 120 dollars new they can shove it up their..... Anyone know somewhere I could buy a NEW copy for 20 to 40 dollars.

4 answers to this question

Just the DVD copy only? Heck that's free.

Want the box plus big paper manual and the DVD? That is a bit hard to find cheap. Since it cannot be pirated.

Hmmm...give the customer alot of goodies inside the big box like they used to decades ago and a nice big manual...and maybe that would help stop piracy. 'Tis a brilliant idea!

I think you may have to watch ebay for a time. Once in a while someone sells off an original full boxed copy off an estate not knowing what it is worth.

"$44.95

+ $3.99shipping Used - Very Good Seller: ceforman2

Rating:(103 ratings) 100% positive over the past 12 months.

In Stock. Ships from IL, United States. Expedited shipping available.

Domestic shipping rates and return policy.

In full-size retail box (purple, not red). "

Ask them if it is the real deal (full box and manual), better hurry...they do sell for over 100 dollars..purple box? I guess is that a latter day re-print? then it will not have the big manual maybe..so ask the question very well. Mine is in RED?? color box USA version.

There is no purple box, unless some one looking at the box cover shot may think that since it is rather dark purple with a big red planet in the middle. I think it is the real thing, there is only one version from the USA?? 8O

This is my box looks like. I suppose you could say it is purple. It is the original from 1998.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5953/boxshotd.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thats more than i paid when i bought the game originally. 20 to 40 dollars im not willing to pay more than 40 bucks for it. If you already legitimately owned the game and it was lost or broken its not considering pirating you arent buying the disk you are buying the right to the information on the disk.. but if these star wars nazis (my first movie ever was ROTJ and im a big fan) are going to jerk people around I legitimately have a right to download it since I already paid.

EDIT and how is the dvd version free? where can i get that cause i dont give a damn about the box or the book i have both of those things. I cant find the disk... my step dad and mother divorced almost 10 years ago.. Im pretty sure he left with the disk but somehow I ended up with the book and the box... Any help is appreciated.