Screenshot/windowed mode

MrPhildevil

Question

2 questions in 1 thread!

1st: I have trouble taking screenshots in rebellion. I press the proper keys (in my case, Fn + print screen) and when I paste-it in whatever (GIMP, photofiltre, photoshop...), the picture has kind of lost its colors and does not display properly at all. Any idea on what I may be doing wrong?

That being said, I'll specify right away that I'm using Windows 7, it's on a laptop (hence the Fn button) and I'm not using any virtual PC or XP mode.

2nd: Windowed mode. The 1st problem makes me believe that if I could run the game in a window, I'd be able to take screenshots. Any idea on how I may proceed to force the game to open in a window instead of full screen?

5 answers to this question

2nd: Windowed mode. The 1st problem makes me believe that if I could run the game in a window, I'd be able to take screenshots.

I remember reading exactly that somewhere in the forums ages ago: screenshots must come from a "windowed" game.

Any idea on how I may proceed to force the game to open in a window instead of full screen?

1) create a shortcut on your desktop to run Rebellion (if you haven't already done this).

2) add the following (without the quotes) "-w" at the end of the execution line for starting the program. The "dash W" forces the game to run in "windowed" mode.

Good Luck! :D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Hum, I can't seems to do what you ask. I may not have the same options as you. I'm not sure where I should add the dashw "-w".

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y339/Mr_Phil_/windows.jpg

You're almost there: on the line CIBLE. ....LucasArts\Star Wars Rebellion\REBEXE.EXE" -w

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4782/rebellionshortcut.jpg

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

You're welcome. Although, I believe you'll find trying to do anything (sizing, locations, etc) with the windowed-mode will be .... frustrating :? Good luck with that.