Abducting Darth Vader?

Ptolemy

Question

So, I have Darth Vader trapped on Coruscant, and I'm failing abduction missions on him with the following:

Luke (Jedi Master)

Leia (Jedi Master)

Ackbar (Jedi Knight)

Borska Fey'lya (Jedi Knight)

Tura Raftican (Jedi Knight)

Garm Bel Iblis (Jedi Knight)

Huoba Neva (Jedi Knight)

Page (Jedi Knight)

Rogert Jiriss (Jedi Knight)

Kaiya Andrimetrum (Jedi Knight)

Ma'w'shiye (Jedi Knight)

(Yes I had a little help to get certain members of that list to be Jedi from Rebed, but all trained from novice, so yeah...)

So I'm failing, regardless of if I send them together, with all but luke/Leia in decoy, if I send Leia/Luke alone (which worked wonders for improving their stats..) and I'm wondering if it's even possible for the abduction to succeed on Darth Vader or Emperor Palpatine at all?

[Edit] Darth Vader is also injured, with 0 combat rating. Luke has around 700 and Leia about 200.

5 answers to this question

• SWR Staff - Executive
I think Luke and Vader will always detect each other. Probably this late in the game, your quickest option is to blockade and assault. Keep following him, tacking over systems, eventually he'll have no where to run.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I could easily take Coruscant if I wanted to, I have a fleet of 43 Liberator Cruisers in orbit along with a Dauntless and a Bulwark. My problem is, that earlier in the game, I found the Emperor down there with Vader, and I'm not sure if he's there now. I don't want to end the game right now, and if they're all there, I take Vader, Palpatine and Coruscant in one fell swoop... game over.

In the manual, they say that Force using characters can detect each other through the Force, thus spoiling the mission which is in your case Abduction Mission.

I think it then after the mission is foiled of course, boils down to the stats of Combat. Now every time you fail to capture Vader, he also becomes stronger in Combat rating too (plus other stats like Espionage maybe). There is an ultimate limit to on how high you can go on any stat I understand from RebEd, 255' . Each character must battle him I guess. Maybe there is a 255+1=nonsense overflow bug. 255 being the largest number stored in binary for WORD.

It is puzzling that his combat is zero, and your not able to capture him. I had that same problem with Luke left on one planet in one game ( I could not capture him no matter what). In the end, I blew it up with the Death Star, and Luke escaped to another planet. Lucky for me I had a giant fleet waiting for him there before he could past that roll test to get through to the planet and was caught by that orbiting fleet sent to interdect his arrival.

I can only think that the major characters cannot be killed, force users meeting another force user causes that mission to fail, leading to a Combat battle. If his combat is zero...you would think he could be captured. Maybe it is a bit of a bug.

Well, you cannot blow up the planet playing the Alliance, to force him Vader to go through your blockade. :?

Oh yes, as Evaders99 says, you can assault the planet and capture them all, but I think you want to only capture Vader seperately from Palpatine, so the game will not end. So you will have to do Abduction mission...

Plus, if you have Luke at 700 rating, I guess you can go beyond 255...

EDIT: Try to knee cap Palpy. His rating of espionage and combat will suffer. Then you can capture Vader. If you happen to capture Palpatine, take to an empty planet, then let him go there so he escapes. Then go back and nail Vader without Palpatine's Force spoiling your Mission.

Since capturing both Palpatine, Vader and Coruscant is a win condition -you must break that conditional statement.