Space Battle Glitch or Bug

Suchomimus

Question

I just recently rebought this game off ebay, I lost my copy in a move a few years back. I run a Vista 32 bit and had the .dll problem but followed the links and advice and was able to get rebellion to run on computer. My was exctied about my first space battle but, immeaditely noticed the lag, and the lack of any visuals occuring on screen. Is there a fix to this or am I stuck simulating every battle?

6 answers to this question

Hmm... And this happens every time you try and battle, or did you only try it once? I ask because just yesterday, I went into a battle and the blue box which normally surrounds the field didn't show up. I asked myself, "Blue box, wherefore hast thou gone? What didst I ever do against thee, that thou shouldst offer up thyself a fool upon the alter of union strikes?" The next battle, the box was back.

Also, you are running the original version of the game, or did you modify it at all? With cards downloaded from the site, or using RebEd, or especially any changes to the ship models?

If you haven't tried reinstalling, I'd give it a shot. While I wait for your next response, I'll see if I can figure anything out for ya.

Edit: it just occurred to me, do you have anything running in the background? Any reason why Rebellion wouldn't be getting the resources it should to run properly? Perhaps try running the game "as administrator" by right-clicking the .exe and choosing that option.

Also, try disabling the various options listed under the volume settings (in the options menu in-game). Disable all of them, then try doing a battle. See if that makes a difference, and let us know the results.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

So far its happened everytime, Havent tried the sound or admin thing. Reinstalled and still not working. This seems similiar to the linux/other thing problem. Can't skip droids in begining either.

No Mods runnning and nothing in background running

Will try other fixes tonight

Let us know if anything changes. Yeah, I can't skip the droids introduction either; one of these days I'll get around to fixing that...

Also, did you do a full install of Rebellion? What version of DirectX are you running? I'm guessing 10, but ya never know. And my last random thought of the moment; how up-to-date are your video drivers?

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"