Legit or Rebed-induced bug?

bjiip

Question

I recently had several characters inciting an uprising on an un-garrisoned Rebel planet (I'm Imperial). When they finally got the planet to declare neutrality, several of my characters (doing the uprisings) were killed, and one was injured.

Does that happen?

I had used Rebed to move people's stats around*. Is this an example of a Rebed-caused bug? If so, is there a "cleaner" way of hacking the resources that won't induce that sort of instability?

* (I favor certain characters, but didn't want to unbalance the game. So basically I let myself "move" jedi probability, or "switch" other stats between characters. It's a zero-sum operation that way. I traded Noval Garaint's leadership skill with Covell's, and Noval was the one who got injured.)

1 answer to this question

I never have seen that personally happen. Using RebEd is very safe since the stat is directly the data the game reads in before it starts. Maybe if a person tried something wild like a 50% leadership bonus from 'Emperor at Coruscant' and you had the leadership skill way over 255+ due to that, or something else maybe.

The enemy should be getting killed during an uprising, not yourself. Maybe it is a fluke?

Normally if you get the planet to uprise, that mission is considered finished and the character/ characters should quite the mission. Now since that planet is neutral, your character's must leave and go back to their original Empire controlled planet. If by very bad luck, the Rebel enemy placed a ship or troops in route onto that planet on the same day your mission finished, then they could very well have been caught very easy and injured due that since Covell's espionage and combat stats are very low, and thus your incite mission group would have been detected leaving the planet on that same day.

That scenario could happen; the AI will send troops to a planet that is going into rebellion since it needs a higher garrison amount, so you just got unlucky at the last day.

If the rebels troops landed on the planet at that same day it turned neutral, then they no longer control the planet and the rebel troops also would be sent back to their original planet on that same turn. So it is an oddity of the turn based game mechanics resolution that can happen, but should be rather rare.