covert op's

totoy06

Question

i wanna ask for help and/or tips about covert operations from players w/ better understanding of the game. :D

my biggest concern is incite uprising. i've been inciting a coupla times though i have very little success with it. i tried inciting in an empty, fully-for-the-empire planet with 7 guerillas, whom the gamefaqs walkthrough writer said would be very effective but would be easily caught. to w/c i thought to myself: how would they be caught if there are no garissoned troops? nevertheless, they wer inciting for 50+ days w/ me spying on the planet making sure no reinforcements arrive, YET they weren't able to accomplish anything! they didnt even get half an ounce of support from the planet. iv also tried inciting in this very same situation, but w/ 5-6 rebellion characters w/c has excellent leadership ratings but with the same result. i haven't tried inciting in a planet w/ a few troops though, because i also thought: how would they fare if their leaders are having difficulty in an un-guarded planet?

the same goes to sabotaging. ive experienced sabotaging a planet w/ only sarin virgilio (sp?) guarding it (yes, iv extensively spied on the planet making sure no one else is there and eliminating all garrisoned troops, though there were starfighters). he managed to capture 6 sabotage-oriented empire characters working in pairs for sabotage or abducting him, with around 2-3 decoys, before darth vader being the icing for his cake (also with decoys).

please help me! i really like the game and wish not to be too frustrated w/ mechanics i do not fully grasp. thanks!

3 answers to this question

• SWR Staff - Executive

Inciting against 100% loyalty is pointless. You won't get anywhere.

You are better off invading - using military power until you get your diplomats to the scene.

Sabotage while there's a command general around is almost pointless. Maybe you'll get lucky, but usually you'll get detected.

There is probably some math formal to determine how these detections work, but I doubt anyone has them figured out for sure.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

well, that figures. so, the question now is how much support will it be practical to incite uprising? is it worth it to continue inciting in planet w/ only 1/32 support for me yet i get "informants provide info" from time to time (as in 40-50 days in between (i get foiled so i send another mission))?

also i solved my sabotaging woes when i tried increasing the number of decoys to 3-4-5, not the ones on the real mission. yay for me! :lol:

That's right the decoy espionage rating is the most important factor for any mission requiring decoys not the attribute for the primary operative. Also the espionage attribute for individual characters is more important than the net espionage of all personnel involved either in the primary operations group or the decoy group. That means send a character with high espionage as a decoy, even if the guy doing the mission is a wimp. The decoy throws all the detectors off your scent allowing the operative to work as if no one was there.