Welcome Anonymous!
We host quality Star Wars sites - inquire at The Star Wars Rebellion Network  
SW:Rebellion Network
imminent-bean

Post subject: Re: Rebellion Vista x64
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:36 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Hi - sorry to bring all this back up, but I'm having the same problem as HarryI-919 et al with the MDATA.00*, with a slight twist - if i ok the two errors I get (000 and 001) then the game starts, works as per usual, with the unfortunate side effect of having no cutscenes and no music. It's not a huge problem (I can still play the game) but it would be nice to get working fully...

I'm using VISTA 64 bit and own the UK CD copy (i.e. called Supremacy, but haven't altered any filenames in my install) - and have followed the above instructions, I've even copied the MDATA folder into the rebellion root directory - no joy. If i follow budious' advice and try the "C:\Windows\sysWOW64\regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\sysWOW64\smackw32.dll after copying smackw32.dll to the C:\Windows\sysWOW64\ directory" (Which I'm assuming i use windows 'run' prompt to activate, then I get the following message

The module "C:\Windows\sysWOW64\smackw32.dll" was loaded but the entry point DllRegisterServer was not found
Make sure that "C:\Windows\sysWOW64\smackw32.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and try again.

Am I doing something stupid? Also - if these cutscene files need re encoding, would someone be able to point me to a tutorial that shows me how to do this please?

Thanks for any help that can be offered - I'm glad there are people keeping this excellent game alive!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:27 am 
<!-- Fleet Admiral -->

I think the common source of what is going wrong in so many of the Vista/7 replies is that people are messing up the manual copy.

CD Root Folder (D:\REBELLION)
Destination Root Folder (C:\...\Star Wars Rebellion)

Example:
copy D:\REBELLION\rebexe.exe to C:\...\Star Wars Rebellion\rebexe.exe
copy D:\REBELLION\MDATA to C:\...\Star Wars Rebellion\MDATA

If you have an additional REBELLION folder in your destination path then you did not follow the given directions, please read carefully.
(C:\...\Star Wars Rebellion\REBELLION\smack32.dll is incorrect; the proper path is C:\...\Star Wars Rebellion\smack32.dll)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:24 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

run the Game as administrator mode. It worked for me

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:30 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

Trying to get Rebellion to work on vista, did everything in the instructions, dowloaded the zip, etc. Had the Mdata errors come up but fixed those so the cinematics play.....but after that, nothing. My screen is black, there is no music, and the only way I can tell I'm not frozen is I can still move my mouse around (which has the appropriate looking Rebellion clicker) and can alt+tab out of the game.

What am I missing to actually get the game playing?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:24 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I have the video manager problem i was trying to do a lot of thing regs etc etc. i just read carefully to "budious" and my game run smoothly indeed yo dont need to have a REBELLION folder on C:\...\Star Wars Rebellion thanks a lot budious

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:47 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

OKAY well I have a windows 7 home premium. Star Wars Rebellion is like one of the greatest games ever made. I have tried installing it in the past, but since I only get 64bit computers now, that just doesnt work. You can't even go through the installation process. I have followed everything I see here, however nothing works, the furthest I get is the game starting with errors, such as the MDAT files. Also I am somewhat confused, you have put up directories showing the REBEXE should be in lucasarts/star wars rebellion/ YET on the disc the file is located in the Rebellion folder, and not as a file in the main directory

Disc has:

DirectX
Install
Rebellion
(then some single files)

So should the inside of the Star Wars Rebellion folder be the same? Or are the files inside the Rebellion folder to be mixed in with the all the other files in the main directory?

I need a screenshot of what this is supposed to look like cause I AM SO CONFUSED lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:35 pm 
<!-- Lieutenant Colonel //-->

Don't abandon! It should work. I was able to make-it work myself, through trial and error. You have to copy this and that, then you need a special .exe, by budious, then to run a certain registry key. Good luck!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:04 am 
<!-- Cadet //-->

How to get Star Wars: Rebellion working in six easy steps:

This is the solution that worked for me. I have been trying for years to get this game working, and I finally got it with this method.

Step 1: Go to the following site: http://digiex.net/downloads/download-center-2-0/applications/1022-digiex-exclusive-premade-windows-98-virtual-machine-use-older-games.html

Step 2: Download Virtual PC 2007 (If you don't already have it - link provided at the above site)

Step 3: Download this guy's pre-made Windows 98 VPC

Step 4: Run Windows 98 through Virtual PC

Step 5: Insert Rebellion CD and install.

Step 6: Rejoice.

A few notes:

When I first played, I could not watch any of the videos, and capital ships would not display properly in tactical battles. Some of the graphics in general were a bit messy, as well. However, after I saved the game and reloaded it, everything has been working perfectly. I do not know if the save/reload is what actually fixed the graphical issues - I did mess around with display settings and resolutions, but try and it and see what happens!

Hope this helps anyone still searching!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:30 am 
<!-- Lieutenant Colonel //-->

Windows Vista?/Windows 7 x64
Try these steps:

Step one: install Rebellion, as usual, with full install.
Step two: download this .exe (courtesy of budious), backup rebexe and replace-it with that one: http://www.mediafire.com/?f79i1flo8p9otm3
Step three: play the game.
Step four: report if that worked for you!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:19 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

doth777 wrote:
Trying to get Rebellion to work on vista, did everything in the instructions, dowloaded the zip, etc. Had the Mdata errors come up but fixed those so the cinematics play.....but after that, nothing. My screen is black, there is no music, and the only way I can tell I'm not frozen is I can still move my mouse around (which has the appropriate looking Rebellion clicker) and can alt+tab out of the game.

What am I missing to actually get the game playing?

I got it working....just copy all the files from the rebellion folder (the one from the cd) into the created rebellion directory (so one directory up) and that is all. make sure all the files are in the same folder as where you run the rebexe from.

Thx for all the info here people!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:58 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

I followed the instructions listed above by Scalfaro and it works. Unfortunately the graphics are a bit messy and I can't see the capital ships during tactical combat, so if anyone figures out how to fix that, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:12 pm 
<!-- Cadet //-->

i have a problem with the text when i am hovering over the bottom menus, what can i do?

Profile E-mail